Ast Dir,Unv Housing Operations
Ast Dir,Unv Housing Operations
Coordinate and direct housing assignments for single student housing and graduate student housing
• Coordinate and direct housing assignment administrative processes and procedures such as student applications, housing agreements, roommate requests, check-in/checkout processes, room transfers, structure room inventory files, and code special interest floors
• Collaborate with various university offices, including but not limited to the University Athletics Association, Disability Resource Center, International Center, and the Honors Program, to share information and coordinate occupancy management functions for associated students.
• Work with departmental staff to manage occupancy processes for live-in staff members and Living and Learning communities
• Formulate, develop, educate, implement, and reinforce departmental policies regarding single student housing and graduate and family housing assignments and occupancy management.
• Assist with management and preparation for semesterly move-in/out with internal units
• Direct, coordinate and provide follow-up regarding housing assignments to students, parents, staff members, faculty members, and administrators.
• Prepare reports and updates detailing occupancy statistics, rosters, status updates, and demographics
Promote the on-campus living experience and manage current resident communication
• Gather information, analyze data, and compile reports to support or inform management decisions and department goals; including but not limited to satisfaction, effectiveness, and housing management system use for the areas of responsibility
• Ensure collaboration with Divisional Marketing & Communications ensuring messaging, content on appropriate platforms, and image are aligned with department’s mission and values
• Serve as the departmental liaison for new student orientation (Preview), providing presentations and information on housing options, costs, and other information as requested
• Provide tours of residential spaces for incoming or admitted students as needed
• Serve as a primary point of contact resolving student or parental concerns related to area of responsibility
• Prepare and distribute housing assignment related correspondence to parents, students, others as needed
Responsible for supervision of staff and management of general administrative functions
• Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate full-time staff and student staff establishing work priorities and workflow; developing strategic goals relevant to the area, and providing general direction and leadership for goal accomplishment.
• Responsible for administrative functions related to employee management (e.g. time approval and reporting, performance evaluation) and related human resources functions for staff
• Responsible for budget planning, management, and oversight for areas of responsibility
• Responsible for developing, maintaining, disseminating and enforcing policies, procedures, and guidelines for Housing Operations
• Interpret and ensure compliance with departmental and University policies, guidelines, and other relevant regulations
• Develop and maintain procedural manuals for all automated and manual housing assignments-related functions.
Provide oversight for main Housing office reception desk
• Provide indirect oversight for student staff at reception desk, including hiring, training, and scheduling
• Develop, coordinate, and evaluate customer service initiatives for reception desk and student assistants
• Answer questions, explain procedures, and solve problems for students and families who visit the Main Housing Office
Develop reports, handle special projects, tasks, and other duties as assigned
• Serve on Division of Student Affairs or University of Florida committees as needed
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate areas of specialization and four years of experience.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in business administration, public relations/communications, or higher education preferred
• Experience with university housing assignments management software
• Experience with staff supervision and/or motivating teams
• Knowledge of occupancy management within a University setting
• Demonstrated proficiency with computers and basic software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Demonstrated planning, time management, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written)
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead a team and work cooperatively with team members and outside stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a culturally diverse environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Position requires a valid driver’s license.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge