The Preceptor will assist the Professional Writing Instructor of
Record in reading, grading, and evaluating submitted assignments
for a specific ENC 3250 Course Reference Number (CRN).
Essential Job Duties
Perform duties as assigned that include, but are not limited
• Assist in reading, grading, and evaluating student
• Maintain a high level of expertise in the subject area that you
• Uphold academic standards of the University.
Additional Job Description
Required Qualifications High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
All employees are expected to:
• Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals
and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
• Possess knowledge of general written standards and procedures;
have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedures and
policies; and complete all required training.
• Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
• Provide quality assistance to students by creating a welcoming
and supportive environment.
• Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group
of staff, faculty, students and the community in a service-oriented
• Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of
its student body and workforce and actively promotes an equitable