RVA Breathes Research Assistant
Job Code/Title 82751 - H - Labs/Research Assistant 1 Position Number HU1326 Working Title RVA Breathes Research Assistant Department Psychology Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $17 per hour Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 20 hours a week Normal work days M-F (varied) Normal work hours Varied Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The RVA Breathes program in the Department of Psychology, funded by the National Institutes of Health and directed by Dr. Robin Everhart, invites candidates to apply for an hourly, bilingual (Spanish-speaking) research assistant position.
RVA Breathes is a one-year program for elementary age children in Richmond City Public Schools that coordinates asthma care across four sectors – the family, home, community, and medical care.
We are looking for a research assistant to conduct research sessions with Spanish-speaking families in Richmond, assist with data entry, and help with other tasks integral to research.
- Must be bilingual, fluent in Spanish and English
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
- Availability and flexibility to work afternoons and early evenings to accommodate family visits
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with children, parents, community partners, and research team
- Strict attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 05/25/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104637 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Please describe your written and oral Spanish speaking
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe your research experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application