University Code 19113 University Title Executive Administrative Assistant University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Executive Coordinator Position Number 584320 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Dean's Office Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The College of Engineering seeks culturally and professionally diverse individuals skilled in customer service and invites candidates to apply for the position of Executive Coordinator. Since its inception in 1996, the Virginia Commonwealth University College of Engineering has brought innovative, real-world engineering education to Central Virginia. Comprised of five different departments plus the Dean’s office, the College of Engineering enrolls more than 1,700 undergraduate and 250 graduate students in several degree programs supported by approximately 550 full-time, part-time, and student employees. As part of a premier research university known for tenacity, love of the city, and commitment to diversity and access, the College of Engineering values the significant and positive impact of our people and ideas in the promotion of regional and global prosperity involving research and life sciences.
The Executive Coordinator leads Dean’s Office administrative operations as primary liaison between the Dean, the Executive Dean, University Leadership, College of Engineering (CoEgr) faculty and staff, and other key internal and external constituents. Regularly prioritizes multiple issues and uses sound judgment and professional discretion in accordance with the knowledge of and in compliance with University policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. Steers CoEgr administrative strategy with the Executive Dean to include developing best practices and procedures. Independently resolves issues and follows up to determine satisfactory results are achieved. Manage the Dean and Executive Dean’s calendars so they are accurate at all times. Coordinating all logistics for College meetings, handling special projects, screening calls, and providing assistance, while maintaining office confidentiality on all College-related matters. Demonstrated ability to determine needs of those contacting Dean and tactfully diffuse difficult interactions. Using a service-focused mindset manages the workflow of the Dean’s Office to include oversight of administrative staff and student workers so that the administrative support efforts are coordinated, effective and efficient, and that the office can provide the highest level of quality, professionalism, and service. Exercises initiative and independent judgment in managing the Dean’s Suite. This position has a significant focus on faculty administration to include coordinating the CoEgr faculty Promotion and Tenure process, tracking and compiling packets for endowment stewardship, and assisting Dean’s Office nominations for faculty and staff internal and external awards. Provides fiscal support by coordinating payments for meetings, and other procurement/payment related items for the Dean. Arranges and tracks all travel for the Dean and Executive Dean and coordinates all incoming guests’ travel to include pre-authorization reimbursement and other necessary actions. Additionally, this position provides significant administrative support to the Dean’s research lab team including meeting and travel arrangements, as well as working with the CoEgr Sponsored Programs team and faculty members on supporting documentation needed from the Dean. As a high performing member of the senior staff, this position will be encouraged to seek memberships in professional organizations or institutional governing bodies in support of the mission of the CoEgr.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with and ability to learn a variety of office and project management software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on service and stakeholder experience.
- Responsible, mature, self-starter with good judgment and the ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters is required.
- Administrative experience working directly in support of an executive in a professional environment is required.
- The College of Engineering supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple calendars simultaneously.
Preferred Hiring Standards
- College degree is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is preferred.
- Experience working at a higher education – institution is strongly preferred.
- Experience with supervising others in a professional capacity is preferred.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 hrs/wk Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 05/25/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106343 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of executive level support experience do you
- Less than one year
- 1 - 3 years
- 4 - 6 years
- 7 - 10 years
- 10 plus years
- * Have you managed the calendar of an executive in a
- * How many years of work experience do you have in a Higher
- Some, but less than 1 year
- 1-3 years
- More than 3 years but less than 5 years
- 5 or more years
- * Please describe your experience with MS Office applications,
e.g. mail merge, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your vision for college-wide administrative
support including best practices and techniques for excellent
service-delivery and operational efficiency:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond