Coordinator, Clinical Experience and Nursing Lab
Coordinator, Clinical Experience and Nursing Lab
Full-time (11-month) faculty position to teach and perform administrative duties dedicated to the clinical/nursing skills education. Maintains working knowledge of skills, equipment, and technology currently used in nursing. Variable schedule, some evenings and weekends required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to SFSC and the Nursing Department missions, philosophies, policies and procedures.
- Exhibits sound clinical judgement, competence in nursing interventions, and proficiency in teaching.
- Teaches the number of hours required by the faculty load procedure.
- Maintains nursing skills, labs, and virtual patient
environments in a safe, orderly, and working manner conducive to
the achievement of program and course student learning
a. Inventories stock, and assists in ordering supplies, linens, and lab equipment.
b. Assists faculty in facilitating ongoing assessment of needs for laboratory equipment and supplies and communicates to the Director, Nursing Education.
c. Performs routine care and maintenance of equipment and arranges for repair/replacement of lab equipment, as necessary.
- Assists in creating and maintaining currency of a lab policies and procedures manual, which must be readily available to faculty and students utilizing lab space.
- Communicates with course instructors weekly in order to coordinate simulation, lab, and clinical activities to optimize student learning and the accomplishment of course and program student learning outcomes.
- Assists faculty in preparing simulation scenarios and lab/clinical experiences to enhance and reinforce achievement of program and course student learning outcomes.
- Facilitates lab set-up as scheduled.
- Assists students and instructors/professors in lab setting with teaching and evaluation.
- Provides support for clinical and lab skill remediation.
- Assists Director, Nursing Education in development of a plan for interdisciplinary and community healthcare system collaborative use of nursing labs and equipment.
- Provides clinical instruction at long-term care, acute care, and community settings, as assigned.
- Acts as a liaison between the nursing program, clinical
agencies, and clinical faculty members.
a. Assists the Dean, Health Sciences and the Director, Nursing Education with the maintenance of clinical affiliation agreements through regular communication with clinical affiliates to build and foster caring, professional relationships.
b. Visits clinical sites annually to evaluate appropriateness for continued use and communicate findings to faculty and Director, Nursing Education.
c. Coordinates with clinical agencies and the Director, Nursing Education to plan and execute clinical orientation and any trainings needed to meet ongoing clinically-relevant educational needs.
d. Attends clinical site meetings as requested by the Director, Nursing Education and/or required by clinical affiliates.
- Recruits, trains, and serves as a resource for adjunct clinical
a. Assists the Director, Nursing Education with recruitment of qualified adjunct clinical instructors.
b. Assists faculty in planning and providing orientation and ongoing education for clinical adjunct faculty.
c. Assists the Director, Nursing education and faculty with evaluation of adjunct clinical faculty.
- Coordinates with course and adjunct clinical faculty to distribute pertinent information to clinical affiliates.
- Develops a clinical scheduling tool and works with faculty to schedule clinical groups and rotations prior to each term.
- Coordinates clinical site and student clinical evaluations.
- Communicates with appropriate faculty member and Director, Nursing Education any issues regarding student clinical experiences.
- Actively participates in nursing accreditation process.
- Attends faculty, curriculum, and other departmental meetings.
- Participates in college committees, task forces, and functions, as assigned.
- Acts as a Campus Security Authority (CSA)/responsible person for Title IX and Clery Act compliance. Must participate in all required CSA/responsible person training.
- Contributes to unit planning, assessment, and college institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Educational: The minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution required. Master's degree in Nursing preferred.
Experiential: A minimum of two years of registered nursing experience required, of which six weeks must have been worked within the last five years. Teaching experience preferred. Healthcare simulation experience preferred. Willingness to develop expertise in this area required.
Other: A current unencumbered Florida Registered Nursing License and American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification or higher must be maintained. Strong communication and organizational skills, and ability to work both independently and with a team preferred.
Classification: Faculty (11-month)
Reports To: Director, Nursing Education
Posting Date: May 19, 2021
Starting Annual Salary Range: Bachelor's degree $43,484-$48,702; Master's degree-$47,560-$53,267; Master's + 30-$49,490-$55,429; Doctorate-$53,059-$59,426
Application Review Begins: June 21, 2021
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, 863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State
ATTN: Director, Human Resources
EA/EO & ADA Officer
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position please visit https://sfsc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=131239