Provost & Senior Vice President For Academic Affairs - Chief Academic Officer
MORRIS BROWN COLLEGE
PROVOST & SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS – CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER
Morris Brown College (MBC) invites nominations and applications for the position of Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs. The Provost is the Chief Academic officer of the College, reporting directly to the President and is the senior member of the President’s Cabinet.
The provost will be an innovative leader who will provide an energizing vision for enriching and reinstating academic programs; hiring and focusing members of the faculty; expanding and enhancing programs; and augmenting the student experience. The provost will serve as a strong partner to continue a transformative and ambitious agenda to move MBC in the direction determined by the College’s aspirational plan for the future – to move from Candidate status to full accreditation as a member of the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS). Goals include growing student enrollment, enhancing current curriculum, hiring new faculty, and adding programs.
The successful applicant will:
- have a terminal degree from an accredited College and a record of scholarship commensurate with a tenured full professor;
- possess substantial senior administrative experience as a dean (or equivalent) or higher; have vision, integrity, creativity, energy, and acumen;
- possess collegial, collaborative, and diplomatic skills; and understand and appreciate the value of liberal arts and professional education.
Morris Brown College, founded in 1881 by the African Methodist Episcopal Church, is a private, coeducational, liberal arts college engaged in teaching and public service with special focus in leadership, management, business, entrepreneurship, music and technology.
The search profile, with additional information about the College, the opportunities for the Provost, and instructions for application, may be found at: https://www.agbsearch.com/searches/provost-and-senior-vice-president-of-academic-affairs-morris-brown-college
More information about MBC may be found at: https://www.morrisbrown.edu/
Nominations and Applications
For best consideration, application materials should be received by June 20, 2021. Interested candidates must submit:
- A letter of interest that addresses the leadership opportunity and attributes outlined in the position profile;
- A current resume, and
- The names of five professional references (references will not be contacted without prior permission).
Application materials and nominations should be sent electronically (Word of PDF documents) to: MBCProvost@agbsearch.com
Inquiries, nominations, as well as expressions of interest, should be directed to:
Dr. Gwendolyn Boyd, Executive Search Consultant, email@example.com / (301) 538-1019
MORRIS BROWN COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION. MINORITIES, WOMEN, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Apply for Provost & Senior Vice President For Academic Affairs - Chief Academic Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Provosts Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Atlanta