Senior Associate Director, Entrepreneurship and Career Strategy
Senior Associate Director, Entrepreneurship and Career Strategy
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
The Northeastern community has a tradition of giving back, and each day, we witness the impact of our community's remarkable generosity. Our students are pursuing co-ops in all corners of the globe, growing their cultural fluency and preparing to thrive in the world. Our faculty are delivering leading-edge scholarship, teaching and mentoring tomorrow's leaders. And our researchers are pioneering new lines of inquiry, accelerating discovery in emerging fields. Northeastern University Advancement and the Office of Alumni Relations play an integral role in engaging the Northeastern community to create a stronger, more sustainable, and bright future.
The Senior Associate Director, Entrepreneurship and Career Strategy reports to the Executive Director, Office of Alumni Relations (OAR) and will develop and execute a sophisticated engagement strategy for industries with a focus on entrepreneurs and careers that will connect and inform a diverse community of alumni, students, and parents. They will also oversee the career strategy and professional development services provided by OAR that cater to the needs of the university's alumni population. The Senior Associate Director will work both collaboratively within the division as well as with entrepreneurship-focused faculty and staff throughout the university and independently, utilizing innovative and creative thinking in the development and implementation of engagement opportunities.
The Senior Associate Director will focus on:
1. Along with the Executive Director developing and executing a sophisticated engagement strategy with a focus on multifaceted opportunities to connect and inform a diverse community of stakeholders of OAR's entrepreneurial and career offerings. Establish clear metrics for success.
2. Developing and overseeing the integration of high-impact programs, events, and content while refining engagement activities to optimize and promote the value and capacity of the Northeastern Entrepreneurial Ecosystem (Venture Mentor Network of student and non-student led organizations). They will pilot programs that bring together Northeastern entrepreneurs in select markets. They will evaluate current programs to determine effectiveness.
3. Developing and implementing a virtual Northeastern alumni entrepreneur engagement network that establishes opportunities for value exchange and will connect and inform constituents.
4. Developing and implementing, in conjunction with OAR's Marketing and Communications team, effective communication templates, content, and policies to maximize the department's outreach to the alumni community. They will build the critical community-facing systems necessary to ensure both consistency of value provided and networking opportunities for constituents. Examples include an entrepreneur directory, and content creation in the form of newsletters, webinars, web pages, etc.
5. Overseeing Career Strategy department and ensuring this strategy is effectively executed in line with university, division, and office goals. They will oversee the expansion of career programming.
6. Cultivating and educating key stakeholders who will aid in executing entrepreneur and career engagement activities and serve as ambassadors, furthering the mission of OAR in connecting with all alumni through meaningful interactions.
7. Planning and producing successful events and programs in alignment with university and division goals and mission, including the signature Dream Discover Disrupt program.
8. Leading the strategic vision for continued growth resulting in high impact engagement and content opportunities focused around industries.
9. Effectively managing and developing a team of two professionals.
The Senior Associate Director, Entrepreneurship and Career Strategy must be able to represent the university and the OAR team in a professional, enthusiastic manner with a customer service and team focus. The Senior Associate Director must have the ability to speak to audiences of various sizes and in various settings and should be aware of and adaptable to accommodating cultural differences. Evening and weekend work required as needs dictate. Occasional ground and air travel, and a flexible schedule are required. While the primary role of this position is to focus on entrepreneurial and career strategy, it will require some work with assisting at several OAR events throughout the year, and other duties, as assigned.
As a member of the Advancement Division, it is essential for the Senior Associate Director, Entrepreneurship and Career Strategy to understand and support the role philanthropy plays in engaging the Northeastern community.
This position is not available for remote work.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree a plus. Five to seven (5-7) years of experience required in producing programs/events and relationship building. Two to three (2-3) years of supervisory management experience preferred. Experience in a startup or entrepreneurial ecosystem a plus.
Candidate should have a strong background in strategic development and planning, relationship management, and producing programs and events. They will be a detail-oriented self-starter with enthusiasm for creative problem-solving and a strong customer service focus.
Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with all constituents both internal, external, as well as vendors.
Ability to be flexible and work independently and in a fast-paced team environment on multiple projects at a time while still hitting deadlines amid regularly shifting priorities. Ability to work independently and in a team environment on several projects at a time.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/501687