Digital Operations Manager - Remote Opportunity
Digital Operations Manager - Remote Opportunity
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
Northeastern University ITS is seeking a Digital Operations Manager responsible for the stability and availability of all of our digital platforms, to ensure the best digital experiences. In this critical role you and your team will collaborate closely with Implementation Managed Services, Product Management and Development to facilitate the prioritization of projects to support digital platforms. This leadership position will require strong collaboration across all digital functions. D.Studio team also governs all processes and procedures which deliver change to those platforms, with a view to minimizing incidents and operational risk while maintaining agility.
Daily Management of Digital Operations
- Follow university and ITS processes and policies as required.
- Communicate required corrective action as necessary.
- Act as the functional area expert on how to handle exceptions.
- Provide positive insight and encourage collaboration and consistency.
- Escalate potential issues to the Director of D. Studio.
- Make recommendation for change, more efficient processes and policies.
- Work with Program and Project Management to ensure that the right technical resources are allocated at the right time, resolving any priority conflicts. Manage and plan the future resource requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Math, or Engineering preferred, but not required.
- 1-3 years of hands on experience with software development and analytics
- 2-4 years of team management or project management experience
- Manage the delivery of multiple digital releases
- Work with stakeholders to define project scope and characteristics and coordinate the project team, support functions and external partners
- Track timing, milestones individual enhancements
- Monitor existing processes and make recommendations to improve current processes that impact deliverables
- Manage the relationship with internal IT
- Create and maintain help documents and authoring guides for task performed by both the digital team and key stakeholders
- Confident, professional team player who must be able to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong working knowledge of JIRA
- Strong project management experience and skills required
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic fast paced environment while maintaining communication and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to independently navigate area of unfamiliarity
- Demonstrable solution delivery experience including functional/technical ownership
- Proven business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of AWS cloud platform
- Familiar with all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Expertise in test-driven development (TDD) methodology and tools
- Have worked in Agile environment (Scrum preferred)
- Familiarity with both version control (git) and one or more cloud hosting providers
- Demonstrable solution delivery experience including functional/technical owner outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
A criminal background check is required for this position.
This is a remote opportunity.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/506468