Instructor Allied Health/Exercise Science & Teacher Education
The Departments of Allied Health (ALH) and Teacher Education (TEP) at the University of Illinois Springfield (UIS) invite applications for a full-time, on-campus, dually-appointed, Instructor position beginning August 16, 2021. This is a full-time on-campus instructor position expected to be available and engaged in the campus community, with assigned professional responsibilities for teaching and service.
About UIS: Located in the state capital, the University of Illinois Springfield is one of three members of the University of Illinois system. The University serves approximately 5,000 students in 22 graduate and 30 undergraduate programs. The academic curriculum offers students a strong liberal arts core, a wide range of professional programs, and close faculty interaction. Making the most of its location in the state capital, UIS is broadly engaged in public policy and service. Its diverse student body includes traditional, non-traditional, and international students. Twenty-five percent of majors are in 17 undergraduate and graduate online degree programs and the campus has received several national awards for its implementation of online learning. UIS faculty are committed teachers, active scholars, and professionals in service to society. The University emphasizes excellence in teaching, and faculty are also expected to provide a balance of scholarship and service activities to meet requirements for tenure and promotion. You are encouraged to visit the university web page at http://www.uis.edu , the Department of Allied Health web page at https://www.uis.edu/alliedhealth (Master of Athletic Training – https://www.uis.edu/athletictraining and Exercise Science – https://www.uis.edu/exercisescience/ ) and the Teacher Education Program web page at https://www.uis.edu/teachereducation/.
Responsibilities: This position will be housed in the Department of Allied Health with dual appointment in the Department of Teacher Education. The individual will be responsible for the development of a PK-12 Physical Education degree programs with an Illinois State Board of Education Physical Education endorsement and Health Education endorsement. This individual will also teach courses in the Department of Allied Health based on candidate’s areas of expertise, as well as in the Physical Education and Health Programs once approved. Faculty at the rank of Instructor at UIS are expected to provide evidence of teaching excellence, participate in student advisement, community engagement/ experiential learning activities, and provide academic professional service. All members of the Teacher Education faculty must possess and maintain in good standing their Illinois State Board of Education license. If asked to teach in the Master of Athletic Training Program, the candidate must possess and be in good standing with the Board of Certification credential and be eligible for Illinois state licensure. Membership in professional organization(s) are optional but encouraged.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will serve as a faculty member in the Departments of Allied Health and Teacher Education. For this position the following is required:
- Completed educational degrees (bachelor’s and master’s) in two of the following disciplines: Athletic Training, Physical Education, Exercise Science (or comparable field such as Kinesiology, etc.) and have at least 12 doctoral credit hours in the third area.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer (varied settings preferred)
- National certification by the Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers
- License or eligibility for athletic training license in the state of Illinois
- Minimum of 2 years of PK-12 teaching experience as a physical education teacher
- License or eligibility for teaching license in the state of Illinois in Physical Education and/or Health Education
- Previous teaching experience in higher education (CAATE accredited athletic training program preferred)To Apply: UIS Job Board (https://jobs.uis.edu/job-board) Create or update your profile, complete the online application, and upload a cover letter addressing the responsibilities of the position, curriculum vita, BOC certificate, any state license currently held, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three professional references. Only those applicants who complete the online application and upload all required materials by the June 21, 2021 application deadline will be considered; incomplete applications will not be evaluated. To maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the search process, applicants are asked to upload their own materials. Review of applications will begin June 22, 2021 and continue until the position is filled or the search is terminated.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Southern View
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Southern View
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Southern View
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Southern View
- Other Science & Technology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Southern View