STEM Curriculum Coordinator
STEM Curriculum Coordinator
The Wade Institute of Technology (WIT) is a new Palo Alto-based college with a focus on addressing the acute underrepresentation of African Americans and students of African descent in the STEM ecosystem. The inaugural class begins in Fall 2021. WIT offers a four-year program of study leading to a STEM bachelor’s degree. The first two years’ classes will be taken at Foothill College, Los Altos Hills, while the final two years consist of online classes from the world’s top universities. Students learn, practice and demonstrate mastery of course content through traditional instruction methods and especially through experiential projects. For the freshman year, WIT offers an intimate class of 25 students. For more information about WIT, visit: www.wit.university.
WIT invites applications for:
- Curriculum Coordinator
- STEM Instructor: non-tenure-track faculty
Both positions are full-time and start in July 2021. The salary ranges are below. However, the salary of the finalists selected will be set based upon a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, education, experience, specialty and training.
Curriculum Coordinator will:
- Have an in-depth understanding of the Engineering STEM curriculum of leading universities and utilize that knowledge to develop and refine the structure and format of WIT students’ courses with ongoing insight and foresight of STEM professions.
- Work collaboratively and closely with students, faculty and staff to design, manage, and implement student learning experiences to ensure students demonstrate mastery of the subjects taught.
- Be responsible for promoting and achieving student success by providing comprehensive academic support to students.
- Provide counseling services to help students achieve their educational goals at WIT and support student transition to graduate universities or the workforce through graduation.
- Development, review and assessment of curriculum to support and enhance student success in Stanford STEM courses.
- Advise students on such matters as:
- Course requirements for degree goals.
- Enrichment reading or experience opportunities to further understand selected courses.
- Career opportunities related to the subject field.
- Advise students on progress toward meeting course objectives.
- Maintain office hours for increased student accessibility to scheduled services.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with K-12 science educators in schools, community colleges and other four-year colleges and universities locally throughout the Bay Area and nationally.
- Collaborate with university Transition, Career Coordinators and Higher Education Accreditation Standards and align curriculum to ensure integration of academic and technical education with 21st century skills.
- Coordinate with members the Stanford University Black Graduate Students organizations in supporting their summer bridge programs for incoming students of this population.
- MA/MS or PhD in Mathematics or other STEM field.
- Working knowledge of the practices, procedures and activities of a university college, advising center, or similar department.
- Knowledge of technology as it applies to science and mathematics courses.
- Thorough understanding of the nature of engineering education and the unique challenges faced by students in the field.
- Experience in developing and assessing program and student learning outcomes.
- Current knowledge of educational practices in undergraduate STEM learning and instruction.
- Experience in writing curriculum, developing and delivering undergraduate STEM programming.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring students of African descent and promoting retention.
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Zero to three years’ experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Curriculum Coordinator: $56,798 - $79,081.
Apply by: July 1, 2021.
Provide the following to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter.
- Two professional references and their contact information.
- Unofficial Transcripts. Official transcripts will be required before employment.
Apply for STEM Curriculum Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly