The Wade Institute of Technology (WIT) is a new Palo Alto-based college with a focus on addressing the acute underrepresentation of African Americans and students of African descent in the STEM ecosystem. The inaugural class begins in Fall 2021. WIT offers a four-year program of study leading to a STEM bachelor’s degree. The first two years’ classes will be taken at Foothill College, Los Altos Hills, while the final two years consist of online classes from the world’s top universities. Students learn, practice and demonstrate mastery of course content through traditional instruction methods and especially through experiential projects. For the freshman year, WIT offers an intimate class of 25 students.
For more information about WIT, visit: www.wit.university.
WIT invites applications for:
- Curriculum Coordinator
- STEM Instructor: non-tenure-track faculty
Both positions are full-time and start in July 2021. The salary ranges are below. However, the salary of the finalists selected will be set based upon a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, education, experience, specialty and training.
The position offers the opportunity to lead curriculum development, instruction, assessment, and planning while collaborating with university contacts to ensure WIT curriculum is aligned with their requirements for the bachelor’s program.
Key duties of this position include the following:
- Teach undergraduate science, technology, and mathematics courses including evening sessions, using multimedia and other technologies as needed.
- Planning and creating lectures for in-class discussions and assignments, site visits, field assignments, and practical experiences.
- Assess and assign grades to students for classes where course objectives have been met and successfully completed where grades are not provided by the university/college.
- Return assignments and examination results (where necessary) with instructive feedback as required by the College Academic Calendar.
- Mentor students.
- Create a supportive learning environment that inspires, encourages, and achieves maximum student success culminating in the completion of their degree goals.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all courses selected by students and establish undergraduate, credit options for courses to ensure students complete courses relevant for admission to graduate school.
- Refer students to tutoring and related student services when appropriate.
- Supervise students in off-campus activities when required.
- Design Project Based Learning opportunities in alignment with the curriculum.
- Create educational STEM opportunities for students through community outreach and business partnerships with a focus on research whenever possible.
- Evaluate, design and monitor programs that promote excellence in STEM.
- MA/MS or PhD in Mathematics or other STEM field.
- Experience in teaching mathematics at the undergraduate level with evidence of effective teaching and retention.
- Knowledge of technology as it applies to science and mathematics courses.
- Thorough understanding of the nature of engineering education and the unique challenges faced by students in the field.
- Experience in developing and assessing course level student learning outcomes.
- Knowledge and experience in Project Based Learning instructional practices.
- Current knowledge regarding educational best practices in undergraduate STEM learning and instruction.
- Experience in writing curriculum, developing and delivering undergraduate STEM programming.
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Two to five years of college-level teaching experience.in face to face and online environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
STEM Instructor: $63,444 - $110,839.
Apply by: July 1, 2021 at www.wit.university
Provide the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter.
- Two professional references and their contact information.
- Unofficial Transcripts. Official transcripts will be required before employment.
Apply for STEM Instructor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly