Coordinator of Reference and Instruction
The State University of New York College of Agriculture and
Technology at Cobleskill is an accredited polytechnic college that
is primarily baccalaureate and residential. SUNY Cobleskill is one
of few institutions in the United States where an undergraduate
student may also choose to earn an associate degree. The College
has an enrollment of approximately 2,500 students in
59 programs divided into two schools, Agriculture and Natural
Resources; Business and Liberal Arts & Sciences. An economic
engine for rural New York, SUNY Cobleskill is home to a wide array
of extended learning and professional development
Modeling experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing small classes, excellent facilities, and a hands-on learning environment. Whether students plan to further their education or begin their professional careers, they graduate with the foundation to pursue their goals and to succeed.
This is a 10-month tenure-track faculty position. Working collaboratively with faculty and students, the Coordinator of Reference and Instruction will ensure a meaningful Library presence in both online and face-to-face courses. They will be responsible for mediating the intersection of information literacy instruction, instructional design, and learning technologies and for providing leadership in effective teaching pedagogy. As a full-time tenure-track faculty member, the librarian will be expected to actively serve on library and campus governance committees as part of meeting the requirements for obtaining continuing appointment (tenure).
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide information literacy instruction in all disciplines, conducting online, face-to-face, and hybrid instructional sessions using current and emerging technologies.
- Coordinate and participate in multimodal reference services, including some nights and weekends.
- Serve as liaison to assigned academic departments and participate in collection development.
- Development and maintenance of instructional content.
- Assess and evaluate information literacy and reference services.
- A Master's degree in Librarianship/Information Sciences from an ALA-accredited program.
- Experience teaching information literacy sessions and/or courses.
- Familiarity with course management systems (Moodle, Blackboard, Brightspace, or similar).
- Academic background, coursework, or relevant experience in teaching.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to create online media using tools such as Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, LibWizard, or similar.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
- Commitment to advancing the mission of the Library.
- Ability to meet the expectations of a tenure-track faculty member.
- Familiarity with library assessment trends.
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
- Previous work experience in an academic library setting.
- Instructional experience with online course management systems.
- Experience leading an information literacy program.
- Experience providing academic reference services.
- Experience creating LibGuides.
- Experience working with first year experience programs.
- This is a SL-3 position.
- The salary range for this position is $43,000 - $45,000.
- This is a 10-month, tenure track position.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
- This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and ensuring equal educational and employment opportunity and access to services, programs and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation during the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Office at (518) 255-5514.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
SUNY Cobleskill's Tile IX Coordinator is Erica Hoerz, who can be contacted via phone at 518-255-5229, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing address of SUNY Cobleskill, Title IX Coordinator, Bouck Hall Room 126A, Cobleskill, NY 12043.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found. Priority is given to applications submitted by June 16, 2021.
A complete application consists of the following:
1. Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position
responsibilities, and college values
2. Current CV or Resume
3. Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references, preferably former supervisors
More searches like this
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cobleskill
- Academic Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cobleskill
- Librarians & Library Administration Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cobleskill