Athletic Trainer (REPOST)
Athletic Trainer (REPOST)
Posting Number: 0001042
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $43,015- $47,317 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C41. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Athletic Director
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provides care, treatment, and prevention of athletic injuries. Serves as liaison between the athlete, coaching staff and administration, and medical professionals.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Athletic Trainer responsibilities:
- Serves students. Evaluates athletic injures and provides
follow-up treatment and rehabilitation of injuries. Determines
whether a student-athlete is incapacitated as a result of an injury
and when it is permissible for them to return to practice and/or
game. Determines when physician's analysis and/or treatment is
required. Communicates with coaches regarding student athletes'
injury statuses and when participation may resume.
- Provides preventive measures for student-athletes, which may
include taping, padding, bracing or rehabilitative exercising of
potential trouble areas.
- Develops and maintains proper documentation procedures of
medical conditions, including physicals, insurance information and
payment process, injury reports, doctors' notes, and treatment
- Arranges medical appointments and pre/post-surgery care for
student-athletes and assures appropriate insurance forms are
completed. May be necessary to accompany student-athlete to
- In conjunction with the head coach, monitors the condition of
the equipment for safety purposes. Transports all necessary
athletic training supplies and equipment to off-campus home events
- Provides support functions and medical coverage for teams
during practice for both teams during home events and travels with
home team when schedule permits.
- Acts as the first responder to athletic injuries, first aid
situations, and prepared to give care in instances of sudden
cardiac arrest, heat illness, and concussions.
- Maintains clean and safe athletic training room.
- Supervises student employees & interns.
- May be required to drive college vehicles.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Athletic Training
- Three (3) years of related work experience
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board Certified. Texas
- CPR/AED certified
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel in and out of the Lee College service
- Must be available to work mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Athletic Training
- BLS or Professional Rescuer certified
- Instructor certified
- Demonstrated knowledge of NJCAA/NCAA rules and regulations
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6923
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.