Master of Business Administration Program Director
JOB TITLE: MBA Director, 12-month position
POSITION SUMMARY: The Earl N. Phillips School of Business at High Point University is searching for a Program Director for our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This non-tenure track position is open to candidates of all ranks and will begin August 2021. The individual hired for this position will be eligible for promotion and a renewable contract. This colleague will be expected to maintain an active research and/or professional development program and will be provided with funding for their professional growth.
The successful candidate will teach a variety of graduate courses, such as Applied Business Research, Organizational Behavior, Leadership Negotiation, Global Leadership, Strategic Management, and/or other related classes.
- Ph.D. in a business field
- Collaborates with colleagues across campus for curriculum design and assessment.
- Advising, Registration, and Rapport
- Recruiting, Applications, and Retention
- Placement and Alumni Relations
- Faculty Development
- Communicate with and respond to student, faculty, administrator, and staff program issues, questions, challenges, and opportunities.
- Maintain the reputation and the ranking of the programs.
- Communicate and collaborate with the MBA program team, Norcross Graduate School, administration, staff, faculty, and other units (e.g., Career and Professional Development, HPU Graduate Council, Office of Communications, etc.).
- Identify opportunities and resolve challenges influencing program success and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Monitor program activities, identify challenges and opportunities, and report the information to the program leadership and team, as requested.
- Oversee all strategic, operational, logistical, and external aspects of the program.
- With the assistance of the Dean and administrative staff, manage personnel and program budgets, program purchases and payments, office supplies, and equipment inventory.
- Plan and develop course offerings in coordination with chairs.
- Review applications and make program admissions decisions.
- Teach classes in the program.
- Develop and communicate with necessary support committees (Graduate Committee, Advisory Board).
- Promote and market the program to encourage growth, partnering with admissions, recruiting, marketing, and communications.
Screening of applications will begin June 14, 2021. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Applicants should apply online: http://www.highpoint.edu/administration/employment-opportunities/
Applicants should submit the following documents in one PDF file:
- Cover letter briefly addressing your qualifications, teaching philosophy, professional history, leadership experience, and interest teaching in the MBA program.
- Current CV with complete professional and academic history.
- Unofficial transcript of your highest degree awarded.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- Name, email, and phone contact information for three (3) references.
Only complete packages electronically submitted will be considered and reviewed. High Point University is committed to excellence and diversity, is an EOE, and can interview only those who are qualified to work in the USA.
For additional information regarding this position, please contact Dr. Daniel Hall, Interim Dean, Phillips School of Business, firstname.lastname@example.org
High Point University is a private liberal arts institution with approximately 5,200 undergraduate and graduate students from across the US and more than 50 other countries. U.S. News & World Report ranked HPU #1 among Regional Colleges in the South, #1 for Best Undergraduate Teaching in the South, and #1 among Up-and-Coming Schools in the South. To find out more about HPU, please visit our website: http://www.highpoint.edu/
High Point University does not sponsor H1-B Visas. High Point University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other legally protected statuses. The University considers a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core component of our mission and encourages all applicants to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Business Administration Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Other Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point