IT Support Analyst, Lead (Desktop Support) #605389
- Leads university efforts to analyze and address NAU information technology system issues and recommends alternatives and best courses of action to help the university operate more efficiently and effectively. Coordinates testing and implementation of new services. Develops user-level and technical requirements for new systems or changes to existing systems.
- Drives collaboration among IT systems support staff to reach a shared understanding of possible strategies and services that will help the university reach its goals.
- Coordinates and collaborates with all areas of NAU ITS to ensure that systems are properly implemented, tested and functional, and that system issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Presents reports on IT systems support service functions and potential issues to department management.
- Provides guidance, training, and mentorship to less experienced team members.
- Manages projects that require involvement from the service desk or technical support areas.
- Gathers and analyzes requirements for additions or modifications to university information systems support processes and makes recommendations to department leadership.
- Coordinates communication between various members of the service desk or technical support areas, along with the entire NAU IT department.
- Serve as a senior-level team member assisting the Desktop Support Manager with effective installation, support, and maintenance of desktop computing technology for NAU faculty and staff.
- Provides expert second tier support for all NAU end-user computer requests, including general desktop support, desktop application support, and desktop networking support.
- Works closely with the Desktop Support Manager to ensure the success of day-to-day operations and project management. This includes management of subordinates and direct supervision of team members, including performance appraisals, scheduling, and managing leave approvals.
- Creates and updates documentation and training materials, as well as internal team processes.
- Conducts broad research in other emerging technologies for potential deployment.
- Maintains functional expertise across all relevant operating systems, hardware, software, and other job-related technology.
- Coordinate and collaborate with team members to ensure management of team file shares and Knowledge Base content.
- Works directly with IT Professionals and Stakeholders to resolve issues and recommend solutions.
- Works directly with vendors to resolve problems with products and services.
- Works closely with team members and other desktop support teams to provide outstanding service to the campus community and to bring projects to completion.
- Serves in a consulting capacity to departments throughout NAU to provide ITS recommended solutions regarding hardware/software problems or malfunctions, and recommended solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- On-call duties may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; AND,
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.; OR,
- A combination of related education, experience, and training.
- Experience providing direct and indirect computer hardware, software, and mobile device support to end-users in a mixed platform environment.
- Experience consulting with training and advising, and developing advanced solutions for end-users in a mixed platform environment.
- Experience deploying and patching operating systems using automated imaging or desktop management tools.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Computer Sciences & Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Other Science & Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff