Manager, IT Support (Desktop Support) #605390
- Manages systems support professionals and provides technical support with specialized software packages, programs, and computer equipment to improve end user experience with university systems. Develops and implements training for lower-level staff to ensure accurate information is provided to end users. Plans and prepares budget estimates for new projects and applications to comply with university allowances. In addition, responsible for collaborating with community campus stakeholders, including VP’s and IT Directors, to ensure that NAU’s IT requirements are attained at the respective campus.
- Lead, motivate, and provide supervision to the Flagstaff Mountain Campus Desktop Support team.
- Manage day-today operations and project management.
- Works directly with vendors to resolve problems with products and services.
- Contributes to the strategic planning process as a strategic member of the extended management team.
- Serve as the liaison between faculty and staff with ITS and external stakeholders to develop new relationships and enhance existing relationships with the intent of building and enhancing IT partnerships.
- Network with colleagues through professional organizations, meetings with key stakeholders and outreach initiatives to ensure NAU’s IT services and needs are met.
- Develop and implement effective means of communicating service offerings to the NAU community.
- Monitor multiple projects including planning and implementing new computer equipment, sites and services; interview and consult with customers; create design plan and specifications; coordinate activity with other departments, units or vendors; set schedule, monitor and evaluate progress and success or failure of project.
- Conduct research, write reports, summaries and/or recommendations and conduct technical and fiscal presentations regarding needs, goals and objectives.
- Ensures collaboration among IT systems support staff to reach a shared understanding of possible strategies and services that will help the university reach its goals.
- Coordinates and collaborates with all areas of NAU ITS to ensure that systems are properly implemented, tested and functional, and that system issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Supervise, hire, train, and evaluate assigned staff. Work with employees to correct deficiencies, recommend and implement corrective action and discipline.
- Responsible for the effective management and effective provision of second tier technical support.
- Monitor and balance workloads for technical support areas.
- Understands and applies knowledge of appropriate handling of university information technology systems support information.
- Provide quality assurance in accordance with KPI’s determined by educational industry standards (ie: Educause, ITSM).
- Follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction and to address customer complaints.
- On-call duties may be required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; AND,
- 2-4 years of systems support experience. 1-2 years of management or supervisory experience; OR,
- A combination of related education, experience, and training.
- Knowledge of issues in higher education customer support from both a user and a technical perspective.
- Working knowledge and skills with Windows and Mac OS.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Office365, and Microsoft’s Cloud computing.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Experience using web/video conferencing tools to present and conduct meetings and collaborative forums.
- Experience in employee supervision and administrative principles and practices.
- Experience in a service-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, training, and presentation skills.
- Experience working independently in positions with significant judgment and decision-making responsibilities.
- Experience in developing processes and procedures that govern program implementation.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Computer Sciences & Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff
- Other Science & Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Flagstaff