Bioinformatics Analyst I
A bioinformatics analyst position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Hari Yalamanchili at the Neurological Research Institute (NRI), Baylor College of Medicine. Primary responsibilities include developing and application of various bioinformatics pipelines to high-throughput multi-omic datasets. Opportunities to expand knowledge in related areas of interest.
- Work closely with other computational and bench scientists.
- Assist with drafting and completing manuscripts for publication.
- Ensure that project objectives are met as required by supervisor or collaborators.
- Evaluate, process and analyze high throughput Next Generation Sequencing datasets viz. RNA, ChIP, WGBS, Single-cell, etc.
- Review existing pipelines and propose improvements.
- Setup and maintain computational platform and analysis pipelines.
- Test in-house bioinformatics tools and provides feedback to the software development team.
- Meet with collaborators to present the analytical methods employed and reports generated.
- Bachelor's degree in Genetics, Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- No experienced required.
- BS in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Minimum one year experience in programming with R, Python, Perl or equivalents. C/C++ and JAVA are plus.
- Working in UNIX environment.
- HPC/AWS is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal and scientific communication skills.
- Working knowledge of genomics and familiarity with Next-Generation Sequencing data analysis tools.
- Understanding of statistics and machine learning.
- Creative and passion driven.
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing projects.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston