Chief of Staff & Managing Director, Board Operations
The University of Maryland Alumni Association seeks a dynamic Chief of Staff & Managing Director, Board Operations (COS) that will oversee the day-to-day management of the office of the Assistant Vice President/Executive Director. This includes, but is not limited to, workflow and employee management, and representation at various campus-wide initiatives/committees. In addition, the COS will manage operations for the Alumni Board of Governors. They will be responsible for the strategic oversight of revenue generation to include the membership program and non-dues revenue including, but not limited to, affinity partnerships, corporate sponsors, alumni branded merchandise, Legacy Brick Campaign, and the License Plate program.
Education (including licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree required.
A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in revenue generating programs and non-profit management, with at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity required. Candidates must have experience either in a higher education setting or a similarly large, highly decentralized organization. Experience creating and growing a revenue program required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated knowledge of overseeing workflow management, strategic initiatives, and association wide administrative efforts.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment, prioritize tasks, think proactively, work independently, using good judgment and experience to make decisions on behalf of the AVP.
• Ability to foster and maintain positive relationships across a broad range of individuals including board members and other offices across the division and campus.
• Strategic thinker capable of understanding the full scope of projects while seeing individual tasks through to completion.
• Strong relationship building, networking, stakeholder engagement, adaptability, negotiation, contract execution, and strategic visioning skills. Knowledgeable of direct and e-marketing, online communication, and marketing using social media.
• Track record of revenue growth and operational excellence with long term positive outcomes and tangible results.
• Committed to taking a team approach within departmental, divisional and organizational settings.
• Superb interpersonal and customer service skills, and the ability to have great working relationships (internally and externally) that result in high customer and staff satisfaction and appreciation for the institution and the Alumni Association.
• Ability to identify, review and select outside vendors as needed.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Park
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Park
- Development & Advancement Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Park
- Alumni Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Park