Instructional Designer (2 positions available) School of Prof. Studies/School of Arts & Sciences
Rogers State University is currently seeking applications for two (2) Instructional Designers. One will work within the School of Professional Studies and the other within the School of Arts and Sciences.
The RSU Instructional Designers will provide faculty with course design support in creating effective and engaging learning environments and involve consulting with faculty from diverse disciplines to identify course goals and applicable evidence-based instructional strategies. An area of focus will be the integration of on line and technology-enhanced course components to enhance learning across different delivery modes. The Instructional Designers will provide pedagogical training to faculty through workshops, webinars, video tutorials, etc. regarding topics related to online teaching, the Blackboard LMS, course design, integration of instructional technology, and online course review and certification. The candidates should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community.
Reports to: Academic Dean of respective school
Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Minimum Education Requirement:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Quality Matters (QM) and/or other learning certifications in online course design and/or delivery;
- Experience providing instructional design support using the Blackboard or Jenzabar LMS systems;
- Experience providing instructional design across various modalities (i.e. face-to-face, hybrid, television, and online courses);
- Significant experience with the integration of pre-packaged publisher content into on line courses, including Cengage, Pearson, and McGraw Hill;
- Experience with accessibility guidelines in the online environment.
• Provides instructional design support to faculty through consultation with individuals and collaborative course design teams across departments;
• Works with faculty in the development of course materials for delivery of blended and online courses;
• Assists faculty with conversion of face-to-face courses to blended and on line formats;
• Collaborates, assists, develops and participates in facilitation of professional development workshops and symposia, particularly with regard to course design, on line teaching, and technology-enhanced instruction;
• Assists faculty to prepare and progress towards Quality Matters course certification.;
• Implements feedback from program reviews;
• Researches new innovations in both learning design and education;
• Works with vendors to coordinate demonstrations of new and/or existing technology tools and actively solicit faculty feedback and evaluation for potential purchase;
• Coordinates Zoom instruction between all campuses and all instruction originating from RSU-TV;
• Performs other duties as assigned.