Part-Time Equipment Manager, Process Technology
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Process Technology Center
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
The LSC-Kingwood Process Technology program prepares graduates for entry-level careers as process technologists/operators in the petrochemical, plastics, food and beverage, and pharmaceuticals industries. Students are trained at the state of the art LSC-Process Technology Center which opened in spring 2018.
Campus address is 14001 Lockwood Rd., Houston, TX 77044.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Equipment Manager establishes the maintenance & reliability program for all PTC equipment used for courses and labs and increases the utilization of the equipment used in PTAC and INTC courses with Labs including but not limited to the Process Training Unit, Control Room (DeltaV), Instrumentation Labs, Amatrol, Bayport, PacWorks Associated Software and Instructional Material. The equipment manager will also work with instructors to assure that they are properly trained on the use of the equipment and protocols for each lab. This position works closely with the Program Director when equipment purchasing requires quotes and other services for the programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Increase and improve usage of Simulation Solution/Systran Equipment Animation/LOTO Software in PTAC Courses
- Assist with face-to-face labs as needed
- Assist with planning & execution of maintenance of lab equipment including the Process Training Unit
- Assist with establishing the PTC equipment maintenance & reliability/utilization platform in SharePoint for managing PTC equipment. Assuring utilization in PTC courses with labs
- Assure readiness of equipment for PTAC-2438 and PTAC-2487 Internship Operations days
- Request and organize materials and equipment in order to maintain a clean safe work environment
- Ensures safety, good practice procedures and housekeeping
- Maintain the chemical inventory as required by Lone Star College
- Keep chemicals properly labelled and stored in a safe area and direct the disposal of hazardous materials
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of chemical plant facilities, operations and maintenance
- Knowledge of computer systems including Delta V, Simulation Solutions, Systran
- Mechanical aptitude
- Equipment repair experience
The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy items, such as typewriters and record boxes. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as above average agility and dexterity
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, lab equipment, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled area as well as outside. Conditions vary with weather and time of year
- Moderate exposure to safety hazards, such as ladders, waste handling, and operating of systems under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of related work experience OR High School Diploma or GED and 5 years of related work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Experience as an operator in a refinery or petrochemical facility
- Experience in software used in the petrochemical industry
- Process Safety Management Experience
Hourly Pay Rate is $22.94
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston