JANITOR FULL TIME
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
City Colleges of Chicago is looking to fill a Janitor opening to perform all traditional janitorial work in and around the buildings.
- Dust all ledges, counter tops, files, office equipment, desk and walls.
- Dust mop all hard surfaces.
- Spot cleaning or complete washing of all walls, files, desk tops, office glass, partitions, doors, chairs, blackboards, mirrors, waste baskets and garbage cans, office machines and ash trays.
- Thorough cleaning of all bathroom fixtures and partitions.
- Polishing furniture.
- Metal polishing.
- Hosing and sweeping of sidewalks.
- Trash removal.
- Dismantling and cleaning of light fixtures.
- Operation of vacuum cleaners.
- Cleaning of Venetian blinds (washing & vacuuming).
- Policing of facility and grounds (inside & outside).
- Washing of exterior walls.
- Scraping of gum and other objects form hard surfaces and carpet.
- Spot cleaning furniture or carpet, but not more than 2 hours per day.
- Setting up and /or take down of chairs and tables.
- Wet mopping or spot mopping public corridors, washrooms, classrooms and any hard surfaces.
- Operation of compactors and /or balers.
- Maintenance of outside ground (raking, grass cutting, watering, garbage, etc.).
- Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent preferred.
- Preference will be given to current temporary janitors at City Colleges of Chicago.
- Must be able to perform all duties listed above.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago