Coordinator I, Records Compliance & Management
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Reports to the Manager, Records Compliance and Management, who serves as the designated Officer for Public Records. Facilitates daily operations within Records Compliance and Management. The position is responsible for a variety of coordination and support functions related to records management, conflict of interest, criminal record review, public information, and the employee performance evaluation tool. Responsible for assisting with completing compliance items assigned to the department. Coordinates logistics, services and support surrounding programs or departments. Responsible for compliance with policies, procedures and a variety of local, state and federal regulations. Makes and communicates process decisions based on best practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates daily and assists with coordination of operations within the department of Records Compliance and Management
- Enters, tracks and maintains a variety of data, including documents, spreadsheets, and databases
- Updates department communication functions including web content, social media, and electronic communications
- Actively maintains up-to-date knowledge of the functional areas and serves as a point of contact and liaison for internal and external constituents as directed by the Manager, Records Compliance and Management
- Performs research relevant to department functional areas (legislative, regulatory, and/or related factual research studies and projects). Assists with maintaining compliance of processes and documentation within assigned area
- Organizes existing training materials and conducts basic training on laws, policies, and procedures related to the Public Information Act, conflict of interest disclosures, records management, and other related statutes or processes. Assists with and takes part in conducting more advanced tranings
- Assists in creating methods of evaluation of assigned areas. Researches key LSC policies and procedures, both existing and proposed, to help identify potential issues related to department functions. Provides input and makes recommendations for department process improvements
- Coordinates and manages various department and management calendars and schedules. Assists with planning, scheduling and coordinating various meetings/seminars/events, including site selection and preparation, marketing and training materials, and general support
- Monitors and controls resources such as office supplies and equipment needed within the department
- May assist with the department budget
- Takes part in special projects as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent knowledge of general office and software applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with the ability to prioritize duties
- High level of customer service with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to research laws and regulations
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Associate’s degree and at least 1 year of related work experience
Hiring salary range is $37,270 to $42,861.
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.