Associate Vice President, Academic Technologies and Innovation
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Associate Vice President, Academic Technologies and Innovation position within the Innovation Technology Services Department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Under the direction of the Vice President of Innovation and Technology Services and CIO, the AVP of Academic Technologies and Innovation is responsible for delivering optimal academic technology and online learning solutions while meeting diverse educational needs across the university’s eight schools and colleges. Working closely with members of the ITS executive team and Academic Affairs, the AVP for Academic Technology and Innovation will oversee the activities of 12 – 20 FTE comprising the e-learning, instructional technology, and research teams, and will be responsible for executing strategic plans and operations in support of the academic mission. Job responsibilities include:
- Lead, coach, and mentor direct reports, including performance management and fostering a strong sense of shared accountability and cross-functional communication and collaboration. Provide leadership in development of an organizational culture based on excellent service, transparency, nimbleness, engagement with stakeholders, and effective communications.
- Lead continuous improvement of all resources and services in the Academic Technology & Innovation portfolio. Oversee the portfolio of services supporting online learning, online student success, micro-credentials, information technologies, and research computing.
- Serve as a key leader or representative in strategic campus-wide projects. The AVP often leads or participates in projects with a focus on academic and student initiatives such as teaching and learning with technology or using technology and/or data to reduce time to degree and improve student outcomes.
- In collaboration with the ITS leadership team, engage in strategic planning and prioritization activities.
- Lead efforts to establish “St. Thomas Online” and help to build new programs, processes, and services supporting the expansion of credit-bearing online programming at the university.
- Ensure successful implementation of next generation learning environments, including preparation of university stakeholders for new systems and features, and analysis of impact.
- Create new spaces and services to support faculty and student development and use of digital media and extended reality systems in the delivery of education.
- Provide vision for high performance computing and academic technologies needed to support the university’s evolving research agenda.
- Advise the CIO and academic affairs leadership on the formulation of policies related to academic technology and innovation, and advocate for needed changes as the technological and pedagogical landscape evolves.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with diverse stakeholders throughout the university, including senior academic leaders, faculty, department chairs, and information technology experts.
- Establish and analyze key performance indicators to ensure effective services are provided.
- Stay current with emerging academic technology trends and provide recommendations to the ITS executive team and university leadership.
1. In partnership with ITS Executive Team and Academic Affairs, provide vision and direction for the Academic Technology and Innovation team in support of university goals and strategic directions. Ensure successful implementation of technologies, projects, policies, and procedures as developed and articulated by the VP and CIO for ITS; communicate the vision to employees within the division and to the university community; work with Deans and senior administrators to ensure that ATI planning efforts reflect and are consistent with the university’s priorities.
2. Oversee the portfolio of instructional technologies, online programs, online learner success systems, research computing technologies and related services. Evaluate impact and research through analysis and assessments.
3. Support innovation through partnering with faculty fellows and others on grant-funded projects (both internal and external) designed to expand instructional impact of new technologies, including extended reality, artificial intelligence, personalized learning, simulations, etc.
4. Oversee research projects designed to measure impact of academic technologies and innovations; present results to internal and external stakeholders.
5. Monitor current developments in higher education related to instructional and research technologies; monitor and assure compliance with common best practices and federal and state laws related to the delivery of distance education courses and programs, accrediting bodies, and granting organizations.QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Seven years of experience managing academic technologies, tools, and approaches in a higher education environment and experience providing related IT services in a complex environment
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
Master’s degree in a relevant field
A record of progressive advancement and increased responsibilities
- A record of leading successful teams
- Someone that is highly collaborative and can adapt to change
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates must apply online at https://www.stthomas.edu/jobs/" href="https://www.stthomas.edu/jobs/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">https://www.stthomas.edu/jobs/. Follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes creating or updating an applicant profile, uploading a resume, and completing a job specific application.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Academic Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Technology Administration/Other Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Paul