Accounting Technician II
The College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) encourages applications for an Accounting Technician II ! This position provides accounting and financial duties and support for CEAS Dean's Office operations. This includes support for programs and centers housed under the Dean’s Office including the BOLD Center, ITLP, Engineering Plus, COSINC, Herbst, and others. This position coordinates and manages department procurement card and purchasing processes, determines appropriate SpeedType allocations via the expense system, and the accurate use of accounts. This position communicates rules, provides training, corrects transactions and ensures completion of paperwork for purchase cards and reimbursements. This position will assist in other areas such as journal creation, check deposits, and payroll review. This position formally reports to the Budget and Finance Manager within the Dean’s Office.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Founded in 1893, CEAS at CU Boulder is the second largest of seven schools and colleges at one of the nation's top public research institutions. As Colorado's flagship university, CU Boulder has selective admissions standards and a comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs.
The college’s mission is to generate new knowledge in engineering and related fields, and to equip students from diverse backgrounds to become leaders and citizens responsible for the betterment of individuals and society. Our vision is to be a recognized world leader for excellence and innovation in engineering research and education, with an emphasis on inclusive excellence, active learning and global society.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Marketplace and Concur
- Build Purchase Orders using CU Marketplace system and places orders for supplies/services.
- Review and approve cards and invoices, and process payments for Honoraria.
- Set up new vendors and manages SOW process where necessary.
- Processes travel card, procurement card, and reimbursement transactions, while ensuring purchases are allowable.
- Manage faculty and staff CU Procurement Card accounts. Solicit cardholder’s outstanding receipts, collect receipts, build expense reports monthly.
- Review outstanding expense reports and follow up with cardholders to ensure the report is submitted on time.
- Helps process cardholder setup, modification, and cancellation.
- Act as a subject matter specialist, providing training and guidance on allowable procurement methods, and interpret rules and policies.
- Build Journal Entries to transfer expenses, cash, and budget as requested by Finance Manager and/or Program Managers.
- Track journal posting for accuracy.
- Craft, send, and track invoices for external customers.
- Receive payment, enter deposits, submit cash receipts
- Help set up new SpeedTypes.
- Processes monthly Additional Pay Form signature routing and submission for college awards.
- Provide basic guidance on understanding of m-Fin financial statement reports and assists with SpeedType reconciliation when necessary.
- Review bi-weekly and monthly payroll and late pay requests
- Stay apprised and current on relevant University and State of Colorado policies and procedures.
- Participate in professional development activities.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position will be $38,760 - $44,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Driven. Be Effective. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position. Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must be a Colorado resident in order to apply.
What You Will Need
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and oral communications, collaboration and problem solving.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of internal control principles.
- High-level computer skill proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word and Excel) and databases.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team, with great organizational skills.
- Ability to learn and respond quickly to situations that arise on a day-to-day basis with limited supervision.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Sensitivity to, and appreciation of, cultural, political and geographical differences with ability to work well with faculty, staff and students from around the world.
What We Would Like You To Have
- One year of work experience as a Student Employee in a relevant job type at CU.
- Able to learn and work through business systems such as HCM, PeopleSoft Finance, Concur, CU Marketplace and/or Cognos Reporting.
- Ability to learn the administrative, budgetary, and fiscal principles and practices in a higher education environment, including budgeting and fund accounting.
- Ability to learn about accounting and budgeting of all funds (general, auxiliary, gift, grant, and plant) as well as an understanding of the CU Foundation accounting system.
- Familiarity with payroll and human resources processes.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume that includes date ranges and whether the position was full-time or part-time.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to email@example.com or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 13, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder