Curriculum Systems Coordinator (11377)
The Curriculum Systems Coordinator supports the Catalog and Curriculum Team within the Office of the University Registrar in the development, maintenance, and publication of the university’s curriculum and related systems in accordance with university academic regulations and policies and with high standards of accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism. The position provides specific support in maintaining the course inventory in Ellucian Colleague; monitoring curriculum proposals in the curriculum management system (Curriculog); revising and proofreading Catalog copy for publication both electronically and in print (Acalog); as well as processing topics and other special course sections for the Schedule of Classes, including editing course descriptions. The position also works closely with other units in the Registrar’s Office and provides information to administrative and academic offices across campus.
- Supports all aspects of course curriculum management including new courses, terminations, and changes; topics and study abroad course sections for the Schedule of Classes; text-based course description files for the University Catalog (Acalog) and topic course archive. Processes topics course sections including confirmation of topic eligibility, editing of topic descriptions, and activating topics course sections in Ellucian Colleague. Helps maintain synchronicity of all systems related to course and program offerings including the Ellucian Colleague course inventory, program tables, AU schedule of classes (Eagle Service), degree audit system; the University Catalog (Acalog), and the electronic curriculum management system (Curriculog). Assists with testing, configuration, and proofing of curriculum actions in all supporting systems and with maintenance of records and documentation of curriculum activity. Performs close review of Catalog copy to check for accuracy and consistency with Catalog formatting and style and makes revisions as required.
- Answers queries related to the Catalog and Curriculum team regarding curriculum development, schedule of classes change forms, and related processes.
- Assists with the documentation of all curriculum processes, including creation and maintenance of a comprehensive Catalog and Curriculum manual. Provides support to the Catalog and Curriculum Team in maintenance of appropriate files related to approved curriculum changes. Works closely with other units in the Registrar’s Office, in particular Classroom Scheduling, and provides information to administrative and academic departments across campus.
- Assists the Catalog and Curriculum Team with committee and/or task force work internally and externally as requested. Performs other duties as requested by the Assistant Registrar, Associate Registrar, or Registrar.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Coordinator/Analyst A
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of relevant experienc
Preferred Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience in academic administration.
- Knowledge of student information system (Ellucian Colleague) preferred.
- Working knowledge of catalog management (Acalog) and curriculum management (Curriculog) software preferred.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations affecting academic institutions (FERPA, ADA, HEA, etc.) preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Proven record of successful experience in academic administration or student-oriented service environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills necessary to proof and edit documents for publication.
- Excellent Microsoft Word skills, advanced experience with Excel, and the ability to collect, report, and analyze data.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to collaborate effectively with other units in the Registrar’s Office and university departments.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work under deadline pressures.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.