Director of Student-Athlete Development for Women's Basketball
University Code 11911 University Title Administrator 1, Athletics University Job Family Athletics ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Director of Student-Athlete Development for Women's Basketball Position Number 587030 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Athletics Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Director of Student-Athlete Development for Women’s Basketball’s chief purpose is to manage team community service and individual career development, monitor study hall, and conduct other administrative tasks related to student-athlete and team management (e.g., coordinating academic and practice schedules). Reporting to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach, the Director of Student-Athlete Development works to further VCU Athletics’ mission to win conference and national championships, provide a first-class student athlete experience, serve as a source of pride for the University and community, and cultivate graduates who excel as leaders.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Minimum hiring standards include:
- A Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience working within an NCAA Division I basketball program; and
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
Preferred hiring standards include:
- Previous playing experience in the sport of basketball; and
- An advanced degree or training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Up to $40,000 Application Process/Additional Information
The priority application deadline for this position is Friday, June 4, 2021.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 + Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (some evenings and weekends may be required) Job Open Date 05/21/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106235 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Every member of the university community has a stake in and
responsibility for VCU’s continual achievement of inclusive
excellence. Please share your past contributions toward promoting
equity, diversity and inclusion. Through this statement, you can
share how your lived and professional experiences will impact your
commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Athletics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond