Director of One Stop- Division of Enrollment Management
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, (UT) invites applications and nominations for Director of One Stop Student Services. UT is seeking candidates who have the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
UT is the state’s flagship research institution, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a premier graduate institution. Enrolling more than 28,000 students, the campus is located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in beautiful East Tennessee. As a land-grant university, UT fulfills its access mission through a commitment to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement. The Enrollment Management (EM) division comprises more than 150 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, Transfer Center, One Stop Student Services, Financial Aid & Scholarships, University Registrar, Enrollment Management Communications, Enrollment Management Research & Analytics and Enrollment Management Operations.
Leadership and Strategic Planning
- Responsible for building strategic working relationships with University leaders and key stakeholders
- Develops and implements short and long-term strategies that meet the goals of the department and division in alignment with the Universities priorities and mission
- Oversees the implementation of the strategies and measures effectiveness on an ongoing basis
- Serve as key partner in contribution to the creation, execution and outcomes of the University’s undergraduate strategic enrollment plan
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with other university departments and administrators to forge and build partnerships and relationships across campus to ensure efforts are aligned and consistent with the goals and mission of the university
- Maintain the highest standards of customer service, accuracy, integrity, security and compliance while serving students, faculty, alumni and other University stakeholders in efficient, effective and engaging ways
- Model and establish the standards for excellence in customer service for the department
Supervision, Budget Oversight and Operations
- Provides visionary leadership and oversight of the daily operations in One Stop Student Services
- Monitors team's core functional efforts, proactively addressing work flow, work distribution and/or staff performance
- Responsible for all strategic and operational aspects of the office toward its mission to (1) support and advance efforts to improve student success in higher education and (2) support the institutional goals for recruitment, retention, and graduation
- Coaches, mentors and assists with individual team members' goal development and supports professional development for the department as a group as well as individual team members
- Ensures that staff provide seamless, integrated cross-functional service in the areas of admission, registration, student records, financial aid and scholarships, billing and payments, and financial literacy and wellness to all University constituents, including students (prospective, current, former, and alumni), parents/families, staff, faculty, and other campus community members
- Fosters an environment of collaboration supporting seamless integration within One Stop Student Services functions to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in all operations
- In collaboration with the EM Budget Director and the Assistant Vice Provost for EM Operations, manages budget, ensures fiscal compliance, approves and commits funds for salaries, acquires materials, resources, supplies, services, etc. Prepares annual budget request and justification for One Stop Student Services
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in higher education is required including at least three (3) years of experience in one of the following areas: enrollment management, admissions, registrar, bursar, or financial aid and scholarships. (or 5 years of progressive experience in a related industry)
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building, personnel management, and the use of data driven decision making for planning and strategy development
- Demonstrated experience in leading or managing change within an organization
- Understanding of current issues and trends in enrollment management
- Demonstrated experience with student service and enrollment management best practices
- In-depth understanding of complex organizations, policies, process and systems supporting student-centered and/or customer-centered operations
- Demonstrated experience in leading through change and leading organizational assessment
- Master’s degree
- Understanding of student development theory and national trends in higher education
- Understanding of university policies and procedures, enrollment trends, and data analysis
- Experience in higher education in an area related to enrollment services such as admissions, registrar, bursar, financial aid and scholarships
- Previous experience, knowledge of guidelines pertaining to higher education and enrollment policies is highly desired
- Experience in leading systems implementation and integration efforts
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in leadership of teams and programs with a strong service orientation working collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, administrators and College and University leaders.
- Demonstrated skills in change management and organizational assessment.
- Exceptional communication skills including written, presentations, and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of enrollment management operations, services, and the student life cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, coach, mentor and grow leaders within the organization.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills and ability to build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to provide vision and leadership for management of complex operations and systems
- Ability to lead ongoing process analysis and improvements related to technology and customer service.
- Ability to lead documentation of process, procedures and workflow. Evidence of experience with documentation of process, procedures and workflow.
- Exceptional customer service skills and knowledge of basic service etiquette.
- Ability to meet expectations in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer-oriented environment and remain highly motivated, focused, and results-oriented.
- Must be adaptable, strategic, analytical, creative problem solver, and organized self-starter who is able to think unconventionally.
Applicants should submit a cover letter detailing relevant experience along with a resume and three (3) professional references.