ATSU - Research Technician
A.T. Still University is seeking applications for a Research Technician on the Kirksville, Missouri campus. This position reports to the Department Chair and the Senior Research Associate. This job is designed to support the education and research missions of the department and its faculty, staff and students.
- Pick-up, wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare and sterilize culture media and other solutions.
- Set-up, clean and organize the department work and teaching lab areas.
- Check freezers, incubators, etc. each work day to ensure that the equipment is functioning properly.
- Assist faculty and students in carrying out research procedures as directed.
- Attend twice-monthly departmental meetings.
- Assist as requested in teaching lab. This duty is of prime importance, but only occurs when department teaching activities occur (currently in the fall semester).
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous research or clinical laboratory experience is required.
- Previous experience with bacterial cultures, molecular biology and tissue culture techniques is highly desirable.
- Sterile technique; safety procedures in preparation of reagents; safety procedures in use of equipment.
- Ability to make reagents using molarity and normality calculations.
- Ability to perform serial dilutions.
- Ability to learn new techniques with proper training.
- Ability to do repetitive work, self motivated, energetic, attention to detail, responsible, organized, collegial.
- Must show an aptitude for learning new techniques in the research labs.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville