Optometry Assistant (UEI Call Ctr) - (STA007383)
Serves as the initial answering point for the University Eye Institute. Receives and directs calls from the UEI main switchboard in a timely and professional manner to an Optometry Clinic Service Area.
- Greets patients, answers and directs all incoming calls to appropriate individuals and performs data entry duties.
- Responds to patients requests for UHCO Clinic Services, information and other business that comes into the University Eye Institute by telephone or online.
- Assists callers with dialing and provides dialing instructions; assists in locating individuals, departments and services offered by the University.
- Relays requests for service and related information to the appropriate UEI Service Area using all forms of telecommunication and patient management software.
- Inputs information into a computer database, EMR & patient management software; reviews and corrects data as necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 6 months experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.Requires a minimum of six (6) months of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: cgarcia2194