Assistant/Associate Professor of Business Analytics
Assistant/Associate Professor of Business Analytics & Strategic Management (tenure-track)
Athens State University
The College of Business (COB) at Athens State University invites applications and nominations for a tenure/tenure track Assistant/Associate Professor of Business Analytics & Strategic Management. This faculty position will serve as inaugural lead faculty for business analytics curriculum and oversight for continuous improvement initiatives and innovation for related courses in the new M.S. in Strategic Leadership & Business Analytics program offered by the College of Business. This is a tenure/tenure track position reporting directly to the College of Business Department Chair for Graduate Studies.
RESPONSIBILITIES: In addition to the duties listed below, faculty members must adhere to the general faculty guidelines as specified by Athens State University and perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Business and the Provost / Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses in statistics,
business analytics and related courses in a variety of formats
(face-to-face, online, hybrid)
- Conducting research leading to scholarly publication and
providing service to the College, University, profession and the
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by administrative
personnel (Department Chair, Dean, Provost).
• Applicants must have a Ph.D. or DBA in Business Analytics, statistics or closely related field.
• Must be able to teach in multiple formats
• Candidates must have the ability to effectively teach courses in business analytics, statistics, and other secondary curriculum for which the candidates may be academically or professionally qualified, as needed
• Candidates must be able to work on an interdisciplinary basis across academic units for program development and delivery
• Demonstrated professional experience in business and industry where candidate has employed business/data analytics to inform strategic decision making is strongly preferred.
• Prior teaching experience and evidence of teaching excellence is preferred.
• Prior experience in the use of data analytics in business development, decision making, and program assessment, inclusive of ROI of higher education programs
• Qualification in secondary teaching discipline in economics, marketing, finance, acquisition contract management or information systems is highly desirable.
• An established record of publishing empirical research in peer reviewed academic journals or a demonstrated potential to do so is also preferred.
Salary Bands: AS 18; AO 20
To view salary schedules visit: https://www.athens.edu/about/offices/human-resources/salary-schedule-tables/
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Unofficial transcripts should be from the college or university which verifies minimum qualifications for the position. Upon an offer of employment, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be submitted. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Please provide contact information for three professional references on your application.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.athens.edu/postings/search
About Athens State University
Located in historic Athens, Alabama, Athens State University offers junior and senior-level coursework to community college graduates and transfer students holding sufficient credits from other institutions. Presently, over 3,100 students have selected Athens State because of its neighborly environment where 50 majors and degree programs are offered, with courses taught by a supportive and exceptional faculty. Approximately 80% of the students are enrolled in at least one online course. The typical student is a working adult who commutes. Recently, the University was featured in the 2015 Best Value Online College Rankings by OnlineU.org for four online programs including computer science, accounting, education and human resources. The University offers undergraduate degree programs in Liberal Arts, Teacher Preparation, and Business. The University employs more than 350 full and part-time employees with approximately 90 full-time faculty members in three colleges: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, and College of Education. Seventy-five percent of the full-time faculty members hold a terminal degree. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Athens, Alabama is located in north Alabama equidistant between Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL. Athens is home to several events and festivals that have been featured as the Southeast Tourism Society’s “Top 20 Events in the Southeast” including the Athens Storytelling Festival and the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention.
In accordance with Athens State University Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from that criminal background check.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement Athens State University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Athens State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, religion, genetic information, or veteran status in employment, or admissions to or participation in educational programs and activities. Inquiries or concerns may be addressed to the Office of the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Support Services, 300 N. Beaty St., Athens, AL 35611, 256- 233-8175.