Communications Infrastructure Technician
Communications Infrastructure Technician
Job no: 495812
SUNY Budget Title: Programmer Analyst
Salary Level/Grade: SL2
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management & Professional
Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport! Job Summary: SUNY Brockport, State University of New York is accepting applications for a Communications Infrastructure Technician. The Communications Infrastructure Technician position provides installation and support for the College's network, telephone system, Cbord CS Gold Access Control, and security cameras. This position is responsible for working both independently and as part of a team and will be expected to maintain an understanding of the technology that supports the critical infrastructure of the College.
- Maintains the daily operations, customer issues and requests,
and the telephone infrastructure, including all VOIP
telecommunications, the voice mail system, and the call center
- Installs access control systems (Cbord CS Gold) with card
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes data in the completion of a
variety of functional assignments.
- Determines and resolves issues using established parameters and
escalating as necessary.
- Ensures the proper operation of campus voice, unified
communications, and emergency notification systems.
- Assists with the design, implementation, and documentation of
systems and technologies.
- Performs updates and maintenance of hardware and software
related to communications technologies.
- Collaborates with network staff to troubleshoot and repair
infrastructure and configuration issues, repair systems, and
- Maintains, upgrades, and documents the campus cable/fiber
- Notifies users when services are unavailable.
- Works with various network hardware platforms, network related
protocols and software, and related technical standards critical to
the operation of interconnected networks.
- Works with network diagnostic and performance management tools
and software. Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of three years experience in Cbord CS Gold Access
Control installation and technical administration.
- Minimum of one year experience installing and configuring
- Demonstrated experience installing and running network
- Demonstrated ability to learn and keep up-to-date with emerging
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment with a
variety of constituents.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience installing and terminating network fiber.
- Experience working with vendors to install and troubleshoot
- Experience working in large physical and wireless network
- Knowledge of professional communications and network concepts
in completion of assignments and resolution of issues.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm Salary and Benefits: $61,500 May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport Application Instructions: Visit jobs.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. New York State Executive Order: Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement: We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College's commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success. SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/495812/communications-infrastructure-technician