Part Time Pediatric Phlebotomist
Part Time Pediatric Phlebotomist
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
The Health Technology Lab is looking to hire a pediatric phlebotomist for a research study starting from Spring 2021. We are planning to have around 150-200 children between the ages of 8 and 12 to be enrolled in a six-month long intervention over two years. Each child will come to Northeastern campus three times (Month 1, 3, and 6) to have their blood drawn.
The part-time position would require a pediatric phlebotomist who will do 450-600 blood draws over the next year or two. Most of the scheduled days will be on the weekend and occasionally weekdays. We also need someone who could centrifuge the blood. Motivated candidate will be invited to participate in manuscript preparation and publications as a co-author. The salary will be competitive.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify the children by verifying participant information
before venipuncture is performed;
- Perform venipuncture competently and expediently with as little
child discomfort as possible;
- Display courteous, professional manner towards participants,
parents, and research staff;
- Label and record all test tubes, log procedures and file
- Perform blood centrifugation using the lab centrifuges;
- Store specimen professionally in the lab freezers;
- Follow standard precautions at all times;
- Practices infection control standards at all times when working
in the lab
- Ability to communicate in a professional, courteous and efficient manner;
- Superb attention to detail
- Adhere to dress code with a professional appearance;
- Maintain participant confidentiality at all times;
- Report to work on time and as scheduled;
- Wear identification while on duty;
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects;
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting children
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Associate Degree or higher preferred;
Certification and Licensure
- MLT, ASCP, CPT or AMT certification required
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/506423