SaaS and Systems Administrator
The Chan Zuckerberg Biohub ("CZ Biohub”) is an independent nonprofit medical research organization based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Chan Zuckerberg Biohub supports scientific research to cure, prevent or manage disease in our children’s lifetime. Our mission is to understand the fundamental mechanisms underlying disease and to develop new technologies that will lead to actionable diagnostics and effective therapies. We harness the power and possibility of collaboration to drive discovery and set the standard for open, impactful science. For more information, please visit czbiohub.org.
- The SaaS and Systems Administrator will have responsibilities split between cloud/SaaS and on-prem systems administration. The candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of existing on-premises systems as well as working with senior staff on the implementation of new systems. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining and implementation/configuration of existing and new cloud based systems. This position will work closely with IT Security staff to ensure secure implementation and ongoing operation of systems.
- Strong hands-on system administrator experience on public cloud platforms, at least one of the big three (GCP, AWS, and Azure)
- Experience with enterprise virtualization (VMware)
- Experience working with SAN / backend storage
- Working knowledge of network switching, routing, and wireless
- Strong experience in the design, architecture, and implementation of SaaS and on-premise software applications.
- Strong working knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Podman, or Singularity)
- Strong experience with Linux (CentOS, RHEL, Debian, Ubuntu)
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Working knowledge of tools like Git, GitHub and DockerHub
- Working knowledge with one or more scripting/programming tools: Bash, PowerShell or Python.
- Working knowledge of monitoring technologies (Nagios, PRTG, WhatsUp Gold, etc)
- Working knowledge of SIEM / logserver (Splunk, Greylog, ELKstack, LogRhythm, etc)
- Experience with cloud storage (S3, object storage)
- Strong experience maintaining infrastructure, including patch management, updates, and upgrades
- Experience with MDM solutions (VMware WorkspaceOne, JAMF, etc)
- General operational experience such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system’s capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and network
- BA/BS in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in cloud and systems administration combined (including college work)
- High-level understanding of complex TCP/IP networks
- Solid understanding of UNIX, Windows and OSX operating systems
- Proven system administration skills working with server and storage hardware, software, including VMware, Windows, Linux servers
- Advanced knowledge of managing an Active Directory environment
- Knowledge of the various monitoring tools as well as load testing tools
- Some on-call responsibilities for the position are expected and required, anticipated frequency will depend on the situation
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and respond to rapidly changing priorities
- Self-motivation, independent and requiring minimal direction
We offer a robust benefits program that enables the important work Biohubbers do everyday. Our benefits include healthcare coverage, life and disability insurance, commuter subsidies, family planning services with fertility care, childcare stipend, 401(k) match, flexible time off and a generous parental leave policy. In addition, we honor our commitment to career development and our value of scholarly excellence through regular onsite opportunities to learn from the world's leading scientists.
CZ Biohub is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity of thought, ideas and perspectives. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive organization where all Biohubbers feel inspired and know their work makes an important contribution. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. CZ Biohub does not accept unsolicited headhunters and agency resumes. CZ Biohub will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with CZ Biohub.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco