IT Technical Support Manager
The Chan Zuckerberg Biohub ("CZ Biohub”) is an independent nonprofit medical research organization based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Chan Zuckerberg Biohub supports scientific research to cure, prevent or manage disease in our children’s lifetime. Our mission is to understand the fundamental mechanisms underlying disease and to develop new technologies that will lead to actionable diagnostics and effective therapies. We harness the power and possibility of collaboration to drive discovery and set the standard for open, impactful science. For more information, please visit czbiohub.org.
The IT Technical Support Manager will develop and coordinate IT projects and initiatives, addressing issues and requests at the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub. This position drives special projects including IT operational improvement initiatives and prepares budgets and estimates for special projects. This position will manage the portfolio of software licenses and cloud subscriptions for the Biohub as well as establish and manage existing vendor relationships including identification of strategic partnership opportunities and influencing vendor product pricing. The successful candidate will provide leadership and guidance to the Biohub’s Help Desk. They will also provide a high level of consulting, troubleshooting, and problem resolution to users. This position also follows IT best practices and security protocols and provides input on IT-related strategic planning initiatives. This is a rewarding opportunity for a highly capable and self-motivated technical manager to make vital contributions to support world class science.
- Identify needs, solutions and manage deployment and operation of capabilities supporting the Biohub’s mission with minimal oversight.
- Manage a small team of IT technical support staff.
- Ensure procurement actions, license renewals, and financial transactions are tracked, managed, and aligned with Biohub policies and objectives
- Manage projects to ensure objectives are met given scope, schedule and budget constraints. Ensure that leadership is informed of deviations from project performance on a timely basis and assist in identification and mitigation of risks that may impact performance.
- Develop and maintain written objectives, and roadmaps for fulfillment of those objectives.
- Guides a variety of IT support activities for end-user hardware/software resolution, and guides end-users through troubleshooting procedures.
- Provides technical guidance in setup, installation, and configuration of desktop hardware and software in compliance with internal controls, policies, and standards.
- Provide a comprehensive and ongoing assessment of overall helpdesk functions using industry standard performance metrics with the goal of maintaining high performing and cost effective service.
- Maintains industry standards and stays abreast of new software, solutions, releases, and product enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Greater than 2 years of supervisory experience
- At least 6 years in providing technical IT services (preferably in a research and/or academic environment)
- Strong project management experience.
- Experience with the development of budgets
- Strong experience with Google Apps for Work, Google products and Google apps administration
- Knowledge of Multi Factor Authentication and OTP.
- Strong experience with an IT Help Desk
- Advanced knowledge of workgroup computing environments (servers, desktops, networking, data acquisition, file and print services, desktop application software, backup systems)
- Knowledge of operational processes (e.g. property management, financial, human resources,
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
We offer a robust benefits program that enables the important work Biohubbers do everyday. Our benefits include healthcare coverage, life and disability insurance, commuter subsidies, family planning services with fertility care, childcare stipend, 401(k) match, flexible time off and a generous parental leave policy. In addition, we honor our commitment to career development and our value of scholarly excellence through regular onsite opportunities to learn from the world's leading scientists.
CZ Biohub is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity of thought, ideas and perspectives. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive organization where all Biohubbers feel inspired and know their work makes an important contribution. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. CZ Biohub does not accept unsolicited headhunters and agency resumes. CZ Biohub will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with CZ Biohub.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco