HPC Systems and Storage Administrator
The Chan Zuckerberg Biohub ("CZ Biohub”) is an independent nonprofit medical research organization based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Chan Zuckerberg Biohub supports scientific research to cure, prevent or manage disease in our children’s lifetime. Our mission is to understand the fundamental mechanisms underlying disease and to develop new technologies that will lead to actionable diagnostics and effective therapies. We harness the power and possibility of collaboration to drive discovery and set the standard for open, impactful science. For more information, please visit czbiohub.org.
The Chan Zuckerberg Biohub has an immediate opening for an experienced High Performance Computing (HPC) Systems and Storage Administrator who will work to develop, support and optimize the CZ Biohub HPC systems. We are seeking a talented engineer for Linux system administration and storage system administration. In this position, you will support day-to-day operations of the HPC systems including systems administration, monitoring and storage performance up to and including network components. You will plan and install necessary patches and upgrades for servers and their associated storage, network, communications, and peripheral sub-systems. You will provide reliable and efficient backups/restores for all managed systems. You will also assist with evaluating storage systems and technologies based on analysis of user requirements, storage industry trends, and system monitoring and telemetry.
- BA/BS in computer science or related field or equivalent experience. Six years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in HPC computing environments or complex Linux environments.
- Experience with technologies include:
- Proven ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex problems that arise in the HPC production storage hardware, software systems, storage networks and systems.
- Configuring and administering parallel, network attached storage (Lustre, NFS, ESS, Ceph) and storage subsystems (e.g. IBM, NetApp, DataDirect Network, LSI, etc.).
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining job management tools (such as SLURM, Moab, TORQUE, PBS, etc.).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, or derivatives and Linux services and technologies like dnsmasq, systemd, LDAP, PAM, sssd, OpenSSH, cgroups.
- Scripting languages (including Bash, Python, or Perl)
- Virtualization (ESXi or KVM/libvirt), containerization (Docker or Singularity), configuration management and automation (tools like xCAT, Puppet, kickstart) and orchestration (Kubernetes, docker-compose, CloudFormation, Terraform.)
- High performance networking technologies (Ethernet and Infiniband) and hardware (Mellanox and Juniper),
- Batch job queueing and scheduling systems (Slurm, Moab)
- Configuring, installing, tuning and maintaining scientific application software.
- Familiarity with source control tools (Git or SVN).
- Understand and translate researchers' scientific goals into computational requirements.
- Scientific background, research experience, and/or experience in a University or a research setting.
- Work well with scientific researchers.
We offer a robust benefits program that enables the important work Biohubbers do everyday. Our benefits include healthcare coverage, life and disability insurance, commuter subsidies, family planning services with fertility care, childcare stipend, 401(k) match, flexible time off and a generous parental leave policy. In addition, we honor our commitment to career development and our value of scholarly excellence through regular onsite opportunities to learn from the world's leading scientists.
CZ Biohub is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity of thought, ideas and perspectives. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive organization where all Biohubbers feel inspired and know their work makes an important contribution. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. CZ Biohub does not accept unsolicited headhunters and agency resumes. CZ Biohub will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with CZ Biohub.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco