The Chan Zuckerberg Biohub ("CZ Biohub”) is an independent nonprofit medical research organization based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Chan Zuckerberg Biohub supports scientific research to cure, prevent or manage disease in our children’s lifetime. Our mission is to understand the fundamental mechanisms underlying disease and to develop new technologies that will lead to actionable diagnostics and effective therapies. We harness the power and possibility of collaboration to drive discovery and set the standard for open, impactful science. For more information, please visit czbiohub.org.
We are looking for an Endpoint Engineer to join the IT team at the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub. This position provides desktop, laptop, mobile, and other endpoint support. This includes diagnosing and fixing software and hardware problems, providing regular endpoint replacement and maintenance, and escalating to handle issues beyond their scope. The successful candidate communicates and follows up with customers to inquire and troubleshoot computer problems and works with senior IT Engineers for work coordination and understanding the unique technology needs of the Biohub. This position also follows IT best practices and security protocols and provides input on endpoint-related strategic planning initiatives. This is a rewarding opportunity for a highly capable and self-motivated engineer to make vital contributions to support world class science.
- Installs, repairs, and adjusts workplace endpoint technology using standard tools and test equipment while following established procedures.
- Performs tasks such as replacing components, deploying devices, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance tasks in accordance with established practices.
- Uses remote support tools when appropriate to provide end-user support and endpoint maintenance.
- Resolve issues with computing resources and network infrastructure
- Respond to helpdesk requests and escalate as appropriate
- Diagnoses and resolves complex problems, questions and inquiries encountered by clients according to established practices.
- Participates in IT-related projects to meet specific departmental goals.
- With senior staff, identifies customer needs; helps customers use specific features.
- Previous work managing and fulfilling support requests through a service management ticketing system.
- Previous experience supporting MacOS X and iOS endpoints in a research or academic environment.
- Experience supporting computer labs and printers.
- Experience diagnosing and replacing computer desktop and laptop hardware components.
- Understanding of networking principles and tools, both for local infrastructure and internet connectivity
- Working knowledge of cloud-based computing especially G-suite, Zoom and Slack
- Knowledge of common desktop software applications such as Microsoft Office 365, Remote Desktop, video conferencing/collaboration software such as Zoom, and web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge).
- Understanding of genomic and biological sciences
- Experience with supporting on-premises scientific computing assets
- Experience in information technology in laboratory environments
- Knowledge of endpoint management technologies.
- Understanding of network and VPN troubleshooting diagnose desktop and mobile issues.
- Basic computer security knowledge including password management/two-factor authentication, anti-virus applications, spam, phishing attacks, and firewalls.
We offer a robust benefits program that enables the important work Biohubbers do everyday. Our benefits include healthcare coverage, life and disability insurance, commuter subsidies, family planning services with fertility care, childcare stipend, 401(k) match, flexible time off and a generous parental leave policy. In addition, we honor our commitment to career development and our value of scholarly excellence through regular onsite opportunities to learn from the world's leading scientists.
CZ Biohub is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity of thought, ideas and perspectives. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive organization where all Biohubbers feel inspired and know their work makes an important contribution. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. CZ Biohub does not accept unsolicited headhunters and agency resumes. CZ Biohub will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with CZ Biohub.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Francisco