Assistant Professor of Education
Montana State University Billings seeks an assistant professor faculty member to teach methods courses in science in both the undergraduate and graduate teacher preparation programs, an undergraduate course on assessment and a graduate course on research.
Montana State University Billings seeks an assistant professor faculty member to teach methods courses in science in both the undergraduate and graduate teacher preparation programs, an undergraduate course on assessment and a graduate course on research. Each term of appointment shall not exceed one year. The appointment is renewable on term-by term basis (not to exceed year-to-year) at the discretion of the administration. We seek a candidate who shares our commitment to serving diverse student populations, inclusive education, and effective practices in teaching, including integration of appropriate technology. Courses are offered face to face and online. Candidates should have a strong grasp of course design, effective teaching strategies, and a minimum of 3 years of teaching in a public-school setting. Candidates should also offer evidence of potential for excellence in university teaching and the capacity to engage with colleagues in collaborative work and projects as well as experience working with diverse students. Candidates are encouraged to identify their strengths and/or experiences in the area(s) of inclusivity and culturally sustaining/revitalizing pedagogy.
• Teach science methods courses in the undergraduate and
• Teach education assessment strategies in an undergraduate course.
• Teach a graduate research course.
• Teach undergraduate and graduate education courses online and face to face.
• Advise undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Education.
• Provide service to campus and community by serving on department and college committees.
• Participate with college and department faculty in improving education instruction through continuous quality assessment.
• An earned master or doctorate in a field related to teacher
• A minimum of three years of teaching in a public-school setting
• Experience in the teaching of science methods.
• Potential for excellence in university teaching in face-to-face and online courses
• Capacity to engage with colleagues in collaborative work and projects
• Working with or studying issues associated with diversity and inclusivity
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
• Evidence of an understanding of course and program design
• Experience working with a diverse range of adult and young adult learners
• Experience in supervisory work with teacher candidates
• Scholarly potential