IT Systems Administrator
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Systems Administrator position reports directly to the Technical Operations Manager, within the Technology department. The Systems Administrator is part of a critical team that is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This position ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, faculty, and students.
- Performs daily monitoring and availability for all servers and resources.
- Maintains and verifies the backup operations and procedures.
- Creates and maintains the user accounts and permissions in Active Directory and Azure Active Directory, among other areas.
- Builds and rebuilds servers and other hardware as required.
- Acts in a Tier 2 and 3 Helpdesk support role as needed.
- Assist in maintaining a secure environment for all campus users.
- Maintains operating systems updates, patches, security tools, email accounts, and all business applications as well as Anti-Virus and Malware updates.
- Diagnoses issues reported by network users to help desk and assigns and collaborates with team members, log resolutions, and create knowledge base content where applicable.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Performs research and development to foster infrastructure innovation.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Microsoft Windows Server Environment.
- Minimum of two or more of A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE or applicable Certifications.
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, SAN, Networking Protocols and basic Firewall and security concepts.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Azure Active Directory and Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Professional experience with the following:
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- SNMP monitoring systems
- Linux and BSD
- Ubiquiti Networks Wireless Devices
- Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Hybrid Exchange Administration
- VMWare vCenter Experience Required, vSAN a plus
- Project Management