Admissions Marketing and Recruiting Manager
Manages Thayer School of Engineering graduate admissions marketing, recruiting, and other associated activities across all programs according to the mission, strategy, and institutional priorities.
Develops and oversees admissions marketing strategy
- Envisions, articulates, and implements admissions recruitment strategy and comprehensive marketing plan for achieving applicant, yield and enrollment goals set by the Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Affairs and Thayer graduate program Directors/Associate Deans.
- Evaluates progress against goals using data analytics and presents outcomes to senior faculty, staff and other stakeholders
Percentage of Time: 20
Collaborates with Thayer Communications team to develop, implement and manage admissions marketing and communications activities
- Establishes clear and effective positioning for Thayer programs and for additional Thayer educational offerings among prospective students
- Develops communication campaigns
- Ensures the effective utilization of outreach communications and enrollment management technologies, including Slate CRM, in the marketing and recruitment process.
Percentage of Time: 20
Recruits Thayer students
- Develops, implements, maintains, and assesses recruitment strategies for prospective students, including BE, dual degree, MS, MEng, MEM, and PhD students
- Gains a strong understanding of current and future course-based masters programs and graduate research programs at Thayer as well as cross-disciplinary partnerships across Dartmouth
- In collaboration with faculty, assesses Masters and PhD program growth opportunities to identify key areas for graduate student recruitment
- Strives to meet or exceed Thayer diversity recruitment goals
- Acts as a primary representative and attends recruitment events, which will require travel to select conferences and universities
- Organizes, plans, and executes on and off campus recruitment events for prospective students and participates in recruitment-oriented webinars and in-person presentations for prospective students
- Works with Academic and Student Affairs team to effectively monitor and respond to prospective student inquiries
- Interviews prospective students for Master’s of Engineering Management (MEM) program
Percentage of Time: 50
Collaborates across campus and maintains knowledge of trends
- Works with admission and recruiting colleagues across Dartmouth to share information and best practices
- Gains knowledge of and shares insights into pertinent trends and innovations, through market research, and participation in peer networks and associations.
Percentage of Time: 10
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications - Education and Years Experience
- Bachelors plus 3-5 years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of admissions marketing and recruiting gained through a bachelor’s degree, or a combination of relevant education, certifications, and/or work experience.
- 3-5 years of admissions/enrollment experience preferred, preferably in higher education.
- Experience and skill successfully managing admissions/enrollment marketing and communication activities
- Experience with customer relationship management tools.
- Ability to support, contribute to, and strengthen a vibrant, culturally diverse, and inclusive learning community of students, alumni, faculty, and fellow professionals.
- Ability to anticipate, deliver on, and exceed the expectations.
- Ability to introduce and drive innovation in ways small and large.
- Ability to collaborate with others as primary means to achieve results.
- Highly developed organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent writing ability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, remains calm under pressure, and responds positively to change.
- Optimism, high energy and a sense of humor are valuable assets.
- Evidence of a collaborative style in a project-based setting.
- Familiarity with engineering and engineering management curriculum and programs.
- Significant experience with the Slate platform.
For more information, visit https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/57587
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Hanover
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Hanover
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Hanover
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Hanover
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Hanover