Research Assistant II - Cancer Metabolism
The primary role will be carrying out studies involving mouse experiments including survival surgery, and administrating drugs in mouse via IV, IP or gavaging and various molecular and cellular works by working independently and working together with PI and postdoctoral associates. The person should have the ability to interpret and analyze the data at least the basic level and learn things fast to become more independent as time goes on. The area of research is to understand the interrelationship between diet, microbiome, and cancer metabolism.
- Perform many molecular, biochemical and cellular experiments and analyze the data independently.
- Confer with Principal Investigator (PI) and other lab members to plan and execute complex experiments.
- Maintain necessary inventory of supplies and reagents required for experiments.
- Accurately document experiments to ensure that work can be replicated by others.
- Collect, analyze, compile, interpret and evaluate research results and report progress to PI.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- The successful candidate will be detail oriented,
self-motivated, a fast learner and possess excellent time
management, organizational, written and verbal communication
skills. Above all, the candidate should be honest, considerate and
- Applicants should have basic experience in molecular and cell
- Good knowledge of basic concept of biology and genetics.
- Experience with mouse, organoids and immunology.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston