This position is under Dr. Zheng Sun in the section of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism under the Department of Medicine. The Postdoctoral Associate will design and conduct biomedical research focused on epigenomic regulation of metabolism and cognitive functions. They will use different approaches such as genetic animal models, recombinant viral vectors, molecular biology, and physiology. In this role, the individual will have opportunities to select and develop specific projects, acquire new skills, and present at conferences.
- Designs and conducts biomedical research.
- Studies will be focused on nuclear hormone receptors, transcriptional corepressors, and histone deacetylases in obesity, diabetes, autism, and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Approaches include genetic animal models, recombinant viral vectors, molecular biology, metabolomics, physiology, and animal behavior tests.
- The selected candidate will have opportunity to select and develop specific projects, acquire new skills, perform benchwork, analyze data, and participate in seminars including presenting at national conferences.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; CH
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston