Research Assistant I
The Research Assistant will perform basic and translational research in the area of HIV persistence and cure, and may also assist with studies of neutralization or replication of SARS-CoV-2. The role requires the use of techniques in molecular and cell biology, virology and immunology. The Research Assistant should possess technical and academic knowledge to follow established procedures, design experiments, develop new protocols, and record and analyze results.
- Conducts laboratory experiments with human immunodeficiency virus and may assist with studies of SARS-CoV-2 using pseudovirions or replicons.
- Performs routine technical laboratory procedures in molecular, cell biology, virology, and immunology necessary for projects, including but not limited to DNA cloning, virus infection and quantification assays, PCR, ELISA, flow cytometry, and tissue culture, DNA, RNA, and protein extraction from tissue specimens.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Enters data into research database.
- Cleans equipment and work area.
- Maintains laboratory notebook, records, and analyzes experimental data.
- Assists in the preparation of laboratory reports and manuscripts.
- Operates laboratory equipment.
- Coordinates experiments and analyses with collaborating laboratories.
- This position is at Baylor-Main Campus in the Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology. Will help maintain Department shared equipment and facilities utilized for projects in the laboratories.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience in microbiology or immunology.
- Must be able to follow established procedures and properly record results; have excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills; capable of working alone and as part of highly collaborative teams.
- Must have flexibility in work schedule to occasionally work evenings or weekends.
- Must be willing and able to work with human immunodeficiency virus, SARS-CoV-2 replicons, and tissue specimens under appropriate biosafety conditions.
- Must be able to lift 20lbs.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston