Executive Director of Pinkney Innovation Complex MC Foundation (A01113)
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitleExecutive Director of Pinkney Innovation Complex MC Foundation (A01113)
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, in Maryland, has a unique opportunity for the development of a forty-acre innovative science and technology innovative hub in collaboration with academic, corporate, and governmental partners. The Germantown Campus is home to the Pinkney Innovation Complex for Science and Technology at Montgomery College, or PIC MC, a hub of education, business, and entrepreneurship, where industry partners co-locate and actively interact with faculty and students to achieve both educational and economic success. The Montgomery College Germantown Campus features the Holy Cross Germantown Hospital, an 80,000 square foot Medical Office Building, a 145,000 square foot bioscience education center and the Montgomery County-owned, Germantown Innovation Center that is a life science and tech incubator for startup companies. The Executive Director of PIC MC Foundation will manage the development and relationships of this hub.
Montgomery College is a public, open admissions community college with campuses in Germantown, Rockville, and Takoma Park/Silver Spring, plus workforce development/continuing education centers and offsite programs throughout Montgomery County, Md. The College serves more than 60,000 students a year through both credit and noncredit programs in more than 100 areas of study. Montgomery College offers nationally known programs including: cybersecurity, engineering, computer science, health sciences, and biotechnology.
Montgomery College is a welcoming community college committed to our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion; academic rigor and excellence; and to developing the talented workforce for a thriving Montgomery County. Resolute in our commitment to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Montgomery College will honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
We invite applications from individuals who want to join us in our mission to provide an exceptional educational experience and foster academic and economic success in a synergistic environment. Employees of Montgomery College are integral to meeting this mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Bring your knowledge, skills, passion, and creativity to:
- Identify real estate development firms to develop, finance, construct, deliver, market, lease, and manage development of one or more office and laboratory buildings for potential tenants and resident partners within PIC MC.
- Manage the relationships with development partners to ensure ongoing connections to Montgomery College and to its students and faculty.
- Identify and manage consultants regarding land use planning, design, marketing, engineering, financing, construction and legal issues and work closely with the Vice President/Provost-Germantown’s office, College Facilities, the College General Counsel, Office of the Senior Vice President for Advancement and Community Engagement, and the PIC MC Foundation Board as needed on these issues.
- Manage contracts, leases and partnerships with existing PIC MC tenants and, in coordination with Montgomery College, meet the requirements of agreements between the PIC MC Foundation and Montgomery College.
- Coordinate with the Office of Facilities to ensure that any PIC MC maintenance and infrastructure responsibilities are efficiently managed as necessary.
- Manage any contract relationships with private “at-risk” developers as needed to address responsibilities in accordance with the direction of the Board of Directors of the PIC MC Foundation.
- Represent the PIC MC Foundation with the Vice President and Provost of the Germantown Campus before regulatory bodies and elected officials in seeking assistance and approval. Assist with major real estate projects of the Montgomery College Foundation as needed.
- Manage the PIC MC Foundation Board, coordinate meetings of the PIC MC Foundation Board and its committees. Communicate monthly, or more as necessary, with the PIC MC Foundation Board on progress.
- Recruit new board members for the PIC MC Foundation as needed and in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws and operating agreement.
- Assist with managing the PIC MC Foundation finances, prepare financial reports and the 990 Form, and assist with the audited financial statements for the PIC MC Foundation as necessary.
- Develop and implement strategic and annual plan and goals for the PIC MC and the PIC MC Foundation; evaluate the implementation of the plan and accomplishment of goals.
- Market PIC MC for company locations and company connections to Montgomery College's students and workforce development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Five years of experience in real estate and/or economic development.
- The understanding of the bioscience, biotechnology, technology industries.
- Operational knowledge of the real estate development process.
- Knowledge of complex real estate transactions and ability to participate in negotiations and administer contracts including those related to the development of a business park with assistance of a real estate development/advisor firm and board members experienced in real estate.
- Experience with managing financial and administrative responsibilities.
- Skill in the use of information technology systems and software applications.
- Skill with effective communications, including interpersonal relations; making presentations.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- A CEcD - certified economic development professional accredited through International Economic Development Council (IEDC).
- Knowledge of Maryland bioscience, biotechnology and technology industries.
- Operational knowledge of the real estate development process in Montgomery County.
- Operational knowledge of the College and the County and State Government.
- Combination of working with business in an academic environment.
- Experience in creating partnerships with state and local governmental bodies.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining corporate partnerships with college/university.
- Ability to develop strategic plans, goals with objectives and pursue with demonstrable metrics.
Additional Job Information:
Initial salary placement $89,856 to $123,552, commensurate with education and experience.
More details about PIC MC Foundation at Montgomery College can be found at:
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- This posting is open until filled with full consideration given to those applications received by June 21, 2021.
- Resume and a cover letter are required.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools, and classes.
Closing DateOpen Until Filled
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Development & Advancement Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville