ADJUNCT FACULTY - PHYSICS
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
Kennedy King College is currently seeking a part-time Faculty to
teach Physics. If you have passion for teaching and learning and
are committed to the mission of the community college, consider
joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated
success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching
strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student
in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes and promote students’
active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’
intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using
discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people
and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying
confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic
and professional communities and promote collaboration and teamwork
among members of these communities.
City Colleges of Chicago is an affirmative action equal
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of
- Master’s Degree in Physics or Master's in Engineering Physics.
Ph.D. in Physics or relevant field is preferred.
- Knowledge of Blackboard Learning Management System,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the