Director of Advancement Marketing
We are a community committed to preparing students to be educated and enlightened citizens who lead productive and meaningful lives.
To be the national model for the engaged university: engages with ideas and the world.
Who We Are
Established in 1908, James Madison University is a comprehensive public institution offering undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs to more than 20,000 students. JMU is regarded as one of the finest regional universities in the nation and has been continuously cited in U.S. News and World Report, Changing Times and Money Magazine as an outstanding public university. Located in the heart of Virginia’s beautiful Shenandoah Valley, the city of Harrisonburg is approximately 120 miles from Washington, D.C. and Richmond, VA. Known for its livability, diversity, local food, arts and natural surroundings, this Virginia Main Street community is a great place to live and work.
University Advancement at James Madison University is accepting applications for a Director of Advancement Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing and implementing communications and marketing strategy to meet the university’s goals for fundraising and advancement constituent engagement. Seeks strategies that will increase the quantity and depth of commitment by constituents to advancement programs. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with the leadership of Advancement Planning and Operations, Constituent Engagement, Development, Principal Relationship Development, Communications and Marketing as well as the vice president’s office to ensure that compelling marketing communication strategies are developed and executed.
- Responsible for leading and motivating staff and managing budget so that advancement marketing campaigns and projects are executed efficiently and effectively. Oversees personnel to ensure that individual job responsibilities are well understood. Seeks to match staff with assignments that are professionally and personally fulfilling while covering all needs of the department. Ensures that staff can correlate project success to departmental goals and mission. Serves as coach and mentor.
- Responsible for measuring the effectiveness of advancement marketing efforts and regularly reporting results. Determines relevant and trackable metrics. Interprets metrics to make meaningful adjustments to operations.
- Responsible for developing marketing strategy and messaging for specific advancement programs and campaign priorities. Serves as executive producer for Advancement Marketing programming at major university events. Oversees content development and consults on projects associated with the College of Business Learning Complex and the Opening Our Doors campaign goal
- Responsible for developing innovative projects that increase the depth and breadth of engagement of constituencies via existing and emerging channels. Proactively scan industry trends and seek opportunities to test or adopt new communication and marketing strategies and tactics. Propose new communication concepts as appropriate.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong event planning and execution skills
- Ability to manage and lead staff
- Innovative, creative and able to work in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of the fundamentals of traditional and digital marketing and communications
- Working knowledge of SMM, SEM, SEO, email marketing and social media strategies and tactics
- Experience working in teams and across functional units
- Proficiency with technologies on multiple platforms
- Relevant experience in higher education advancement marketing and communications
- Master’s degree
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Development & Advancement Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg