Head Dining Attendant
This is a benefits eligible hands-on working position that provides oversight and leadership in assigned dining operation to Front of House Dining Attendants. This position will assign and coordinate the activities of food service workers involved in set-up, food and drink service. Maintains and ensures cleanliness and proper functionality of the following areas and associated staff: food service preparation, beverage, dishwashing, dish return, courtesy stands, dining room, and common areas. This position provides excellent customer service in a team-driven and supported environment.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads the industry with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Kitchen Prep and Operation
- Coordinate and assign food service tasks.
- Delegate and assist with the setup and breakdown of production and service areas.
- Understand and utilize a variety of equipment and service standards and ensure cleanliness of all FOH service areas.
- Follow and enforce set food safety protocol in all areas of oversight, while ensuring ServSafe principals are followed.
- Provide excellent customer service and assistance with customer needs.
- Lead by example both in general work ethic and positive and productive demeanor.
- Display and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Follow all ParTech and A9 labeling procedures, request labels, and recognize allergen errors.
- Serves on the food safety response team and responds to all food safety emergencies as appropriate.
- If a work cell phone is provided, a response call must be within an hour of the original call and/or message.
- Train new staff members, both full time and student employees.
- Create break schedules and alert management of holes in the personnel roster as necessary.
- Hold other accountable, following discipline processes, while empowering others to make decisions.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $29,760 - $31,200 ($14.31 - $15.00 per hour).
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Informed. Be Respectful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Job appropriate education may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- 3+ years of experience directly related to the work assignment.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Ability to work in a team driven environment.
- Food safety certification appropriate to position.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 21, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org