The University of Colorado Boulder and Campus Dining
is seeking applicants for a Campus Dining
! This position is eligible for the following
: EcoPass; 22 vacation days; access to medical,
dental, vision, and life insurance, tuition reimbursement; a 10%
employer contribution retirement plan, and more! The expected
compensation is $15 per hour ($31,200).
If you're interested in a position that provides support to Front
of House and Back of House dining service while providing excellent
customer service in a team-based environment, then this might be
the right opportunity for you! Continue reading below and please
submit your application for consideration.
: If selected for an interview, we will request three
professional references. Please gather the contact information
(phone and email) for three references in preparation for this part
of our process.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year
for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the university. We
are comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail
outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads the industry
with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences.
We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our
carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in
resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. We are
dedicated to providing options and information to all of our guests
with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan,
vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong
allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Production & Service:
- Back of House (BOH) Production and Front of House (FOH)
- Prep ingredients for recipes. Assemble entrees including:
meats, starches, vegetables, and soups from raw state.
- Utilize a variety of equipment and cooking techniques.
- Clean prep areas, equipment and dishes with accurate sanitation
- Assist with setup, maintenance and breakdown of production and
- Set up and tend to drink, service lines, dish rooms, dining
rooms and courtesy stands, while also stocking and replenishing
- Follow all sustainability and recycling procedures.
- Follow set food safety standards and adhere to all A9 labeling
and ParTech procedures.
- Clean seating areas, furniture, floors and fixtures.
- Attend dish room and sanitize high contact surfaces.
- Serve on the food safety response team and respond to all food
safety emergencies as appropriate to the work assignment.
What We Can Offer
- Respond quickly to situations while providing excellent
- Empowered to make decisions in areas within their span of
- Assist in training both full time staff and student
- Follow CDS uniform guidelines and personnel hygiene
- The annual salary for this position is $31,200.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be empowered. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- One year of experience related to the job assignment.
Equivalent combination of education and experience may
- Must complete all University required trainings within 30 days
of hire. Servsafe certified (or certificate appropriate) or the
ability to obtain appropriate certification within 6 months of
hire. Must maintain appropriate Servsafe certification for the
duration of employment with CDS.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Ability to work in a fast paced team driven environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Committed ability to learn and actively provide phenomenal
- One year of food services specific work experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 3, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is
required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies
(snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event)
and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during
emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: