Associate Director of Human Resources, HR Operations
Associate Director of Human Resources, HR Operations
Regular or Temporary
Hours Per Week
Weeks Per Year
Full or Part Time
Trinity College has an opportunity for an Associate Director of Human Resources Operations to join the Human Resources team. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources, the Associate Director will ensure employee centered and effectively managed benefits programs and solid operational processes that support the engagement and retention of an evolving, diverse workforce.
We seek to have our staff reflect the changing demographics of our student body. Our student body is diverse, representing 41 states and 70 countries with 21% students of color and 50% women. Just over 90% of students live in campus residences. Trinity College is a highly selective, independent, nonsectarian liberal arts institution located in Connecticut’s capital, Hartford. With over 2100 full-time undergraduate students and 91 graduate students, the College maintains a rigorous academic profile complemented by a vibrant and diverse co-curricular program. The College enjoys the benefit of being situated in an urban center and has strong academic, social, and philanthropic connections to our home city of Hartford. As a preeminent liberal arts college in an urban setting, Trinity College prepares students to be bold, independent thinkers who lead transformative lives.
Through a consultative, agile approach, the Associate Director will:
- Lead the development and administration of equitable and inclusive human resources programs and processes including health, welfare and retirement benefits
- Develop and implement the HR Analytics strategy to provide decisional foundations to assess the effectiveness of human resources programs and forecast workforce trends
- Implement data-based process improvements in light of employment trends and best practices
- Effectively communicate programs to promote employee understanding and ability to make informed decisions; assist employees with program questions and/or concerns
- Represent the College in oversight of and communications with applicable vendors and third-parties
- Assure and co-ordinate the College’s compliance with governing statutes, regulations and internal policies
- Manage or contribute to other organizational or human resources projects that reflect evolving enterprise needs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Masters’ Degree in administration, human resources or MBA and/or professional certifications are preferred
- Minimum of eight years of progressively responsible HR and HR operations experience including work with employee benefits strategy and management
- Higher education human resources experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of HR operations and employee benefits cycles, compensation, compliance and reporting requirements
- Knowledge of current Human Resources consulting and management principles and practices, including shared services and COE HR models
- Success compiling, analyzing and presenting data to communicate program effectiveness and workforce needs
- Ability to operate strategically and tactically as organizational needs require, and to proactively contribute to HR team goals
- Proven commitment to a work approach that encompasses inclusiveness and diversity
- Demonstrated change management skills used to effectively influence a broad range of constituencies
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to apply sound judgement to a variety of complex issues
- Ability to communicate effectively in various modalities with all employees in the organization
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to discuss in their cover letter their commitment to and/or experience working with diverse individuals or in diverse communities.
For optimal consideration, please submit your application material by April 19, 2021.
Trinity College is an independent, nonsectarian liberal arts college for men and women, with approximately 2,200 undergraduate students and 200 faculty members, located in Hartford, Connecticut. Our Mission is “Engage. Connect. Transform.” As the preeminent liberal arts college in an urban setting, Trinity College prepares students to be bold, independent thinkers who lead transformative lives. Trinity is an actively engaged community of students, faculty and staff who work together to develop and sustain the intellectual and creative opportunities central to a first-class liberal arts education. Hartford, the state capital, provides many opportunities for cultural and social engagement.
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. Trinity is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any needed accommodation in order to participate in the application process.
For all faculty positions, completion of the Ph.D. or appropriate equivalent is expected. Candidates should have a strong commitment to undergraduate and interdisciplinary teaching in a liberal arts context, and a well-articulated plan for sustained research. Trinity is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching, and service.