Equity & Title IX Training Manager (17093)
Under the direction of the AVP for Equity and Title IX Coordinator, the Training Manager develops, manages, and implements campus-wide trainings, programs, resources and outreach initiatives focused on educating the AU community about the University’s policies and processes regarding discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct in order to ensure compliance with federal and local laws. This position works collaboratively with multiple campus departments to ensure consistency and accuracy of training programs and will develop and manage procedures to ensure that all students, staff and faculty are up to date on required training. Required trainings include educational programs that are designed to meet the requirements of VAWA’s Campus Sexual Violence Act (SaVE Act) provision, and related trainings required by the NCAA of student-athletes and athletics staff. The Training Manager will work closely with the Office for Campus Life’s Health Promotion and Advocacy Center with respect to trainings for students and with the Office of Human Resources with respect to trainings for employees. The Training Manager will be responsible for updating the website of the Office of Equity and Title IX and identifying and recommending vendors for online and other trainings and leading and coordinating efforts to procure training vendors.
The Office for Equity and Title IX reports to the University’s Office of the President. In alignment with our strategic imperatives on inclusive excellence, the Office handles discrimination, harassment, and bias-related matters. In collaboration with other units at the University, the Office handles issues related to Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, and Section 504; investigations, compliance/reporting, policies, training/education, and communication; discrimination, harassment, and retaliation complaints; and accommodation requests and related disability matters.
As a crucial contributor to AU’s goal of inclusive excellence, the Office for Equity and Title IX supports the University in its priority to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion at a strategic, tactical, and operational level. For more information regarding American University’s Plan for Inclusive Excellence please visit https://www.american.edu/president/diversity/inclusive-excellence/
- Training Management: develop and implement compliance-oriented trainings for students, staff and faculty on discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct, including ensuring that the educational programming requirements of VAWA’s SaVE Act provision are met.
- Educational Programs Management: manages and maintains the website of the Office of Equity and Title IX, ensuring that it is up to date and that materials are accurate. Track the delivery of trainings and education programs and identifies emerging areas for trainings and issues requiring more targeted training. Work collaboratively with all campus stakeholders and ensure that trainings are incorporated into orientations for students, faculty, and staff. Proactively conduct outreach to student groups and employee affinity groups to deliver compliance training programs.
- Materials Development: develop relevant educational materials for distribution to the campus community. Manage and maintain the website of the Office of Equity and Title IX, ensuring that it is up to date and that materials are accurate.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Project Leader/Advisor B salary band
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of relevant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree or equivalent plus 2-4 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Current and working knowledge sufficient to develop and deliver training related to issues, including but not limited to Title VII, Title VI, Title IX, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ADEA, Campus SaVE Act and other federal and local laws related to discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct.
- Demonstrated interest in nondiscrimination compliance and related issues.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver impactful training programs, including written materials and resources, to large and diverse stakeholder groups and develop communications tools for the office.
- Familiarity with online training programs related to discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct and the delivery of those programs within institutions.
- Must be comfortable with technology, including maintaining content on websites and identifying and vetting online training programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.