Administrative Support Coordinator, School of Management
Reporting to the School Director and receiving work lead direction from the School Analyst, the Administrative Support Coordinator provides administrative support to the School of Management in the Lucas College of Business (LCoB).
- Process all Student Assistant, Course Student Assistant, and Instructional Student Assistant hiring and tracking for the School of Management.
- Coordinate all aspects of faculty office moves and office assignment including packing and moving supplies and furniture, telephones, computers. Ensure faculty have teaching supplies, keys to facilities, and general office-setup.
- Submit and manage all facility related requests for the School.
- Act as a front-line receptionist, answer phones, respond to inquiries about department programs, policies and procedures, run errands, distribute mail and make photocopies.
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve moderately complex academic-related problems for students and faculty.
- Responsible for processing student grade changes.
- Assist School Director and Analyst with faculty recruitment process.
- Maintain and order office equipment and general supplies and distribution. Process key, equipment, and service requests.
- Pickup for student assistants, master payroll, and miscellaneous paychecks.
- Responsible for following the SJSU travel guide and using Financial Transaction Services (FTS) to process travel expense claims to reimburse employees. Assist faculty in making travel arrangements, assign account numbers, track sources of funds, and monitor travel expenditures.
- Prepare and process purchase requisitions, direct pay and reimbursement claims. Interact with purchasing and accounts payable when needed to complete all requests.
- Maintain department faculty grants; Input and track expenditures; and reconcile all grants using Data Warehouse.
- Responsible for coordination and preparation of expenses with department Tower Foundation and Research Foundation accounts.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office. administration problems and solutions on other areas
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level customer service to students, faculty and staff
- Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist
- Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring some inference
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan projects
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group
- Working knowledge of CFS to extract information and understand interactions between various funds and accounts
- Proficient in PC compatible software programs such PeopleSoft, MS Office and Excel
- Proficient in SJSU applications: (e.g. Financial Transaction Services (FTS), Common Finance System (CFS)/Data Warehouse, MySJSU, SJSU@Work, CHRS, possibly eFaculty and other current software applications)
- Completion of a high school program, technical/ vocational program, or their equivalents
- Three years of related office work experience
- Demonstrated experience providing customer service
- Minimum of two years demonstrated experience handling multiple work priorities
- Experience with DocuSign, Word and Excel
- Experience with student appointments
- Experience with SJSU systems FTS, CFS, CFS Data Warehouse, PeopleSoft, CSUBuy and CHRS
- Experience preparing travel reimbursements, purchase requisitions, and reconciling financial transactions
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Salary Range: $3,352/month - $5,639/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: May 21, 2021 through June 4, 2021 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: May 21, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose